Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=10222#post10222

FYI: Ford won't replace just the parts.. broken input shafts. The Viper spec tranny is better due to larger diameter input shaft due to more splines (26 vs 10) and therefore smaller cuts. Called D&D Performance and they can not buy the parts for the Ford tranny, they can buy parts for the Viper. They are not interested in customizing the viper spec input shaft to fit the Ford. If anyone was looking for a worthwhile opportunity, buying these in batches, customizing them, and then packaging them with a required 26spline clutch (STAR Spec 2 disk/Spec 3 Pressure plate please) there is even more upside ..

Second opportunity is to make the Ford 26 spline input shaft, have them cryogenically treated and pray that they hold more power..

Thoughts?

Jerry

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Yo Dougie!!!!!!!!! ya reading this?!?!?!?hehehehe

gary

·
Registered
510 Posts
BilletFlow said:
I'm worken on it!!
Sweetness!!! Always great products comin out from Billetflow :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just replacing the input shaft isnt going to solve the complete problem.Don from D&D informed me that he was surprised that i snapped the input shaft because the output shaft is smaller in diameter than the input.
IMO you may fix the input problem only to find that now your going to be breaking the output.The only true fix is to replace th eentire transmission with a stronger unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts