Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really Ticked me off! I was out at the carwash after the big storm this week. It's not a drive through one, it's self serve. As I was rinsing the car off, paying extra attention to bird dookie and bugs, I saw that at one spot on the hood (close to the bumper, driver's side) was flaking off under just the pressure of water!! Now, I have taken many other cars to this exact car wash and never experenced any problems, including my 99 expedition (no longer have it). IT came off all the way to grey, which I assume is the base color of the hood. Unlike aftermarket white hoods. I'm hoping the ford dealer won't give me any trouble claiming this as warrenty work.. What do you guys think?? I should get a pic up tommorrow, it's too late tonight. thanks.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Quite a few people have posted about flaking paint on 03 Cobra hoods. So far the dealers have had them re-painted without any problem. And most of those people said the new paint was way better than the factory paint. Thicker and much smoother clearcoat. Good luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.. sounds good, I must ahve missed the others.. anyone know of a good svt dealer in the Philadelphnia Area.. I know there are a lot of PA people in here. Hopefully an SVT dealer who's good at paint, and some other lil warrenty work I need. Might as well get it all done at once. Guess I'll be driving a focus.. YuK! :shocked

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
How long is the paint warranty good for??

Mine started to crack inbetween the two cowls on the hood in the middle hump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts