Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Click here to see PART 1 (JLT, SCT tune)

Click here to see PART 2 (Kooks, Whipple, LFP)

The car put down 716 RWHP running fat as a pig (mid to high 10's AFR), the car now makes over 730 RWHP =o)

Huge thanks to Eric & Elisa, Mark, Mike and Jesse at LFP, Dustin Whipple, George at Kooks, Jake Lamotta, Vic Shemwell, Rick, Tim and Charlie @ SCT, Mike at Intertune TV, and of course...Jay and Lisa Tucker at JLT!

Enjoy everyone!
Questions? call me 888-443-4634

·
Registered
677 Posts
Great video!!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
did anyone notice that they made 20 psi on that last run, that is REALLY pushing it on pump gas especially since they turned it to 6500 rpm

·
Registered
576 Posts
Those are some great videos and alot of how-to information. Thanks for posting them up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
On the graph and on the log we noticed it hit 19.4 for about 2 tenths of a second. Keep in mind it was with 20 degrees and it literally hit that level for less than half a second. The last 2000 rpms of the run (with exception of that last 2 tenths of a sec) it was averaging 18.1 which is dead on what the set up does with that pulley and Mono blade combo.

Vic's car ended up making more HP when the tune was tweaked and I assume a degree more of timing at Justins. I believe it made 732, but maybe Justin can chime in and give the correct #.

I wish I could have got some clean passes with Vics car at the track.. I was bummed I couldn't get a 10 out of her. But i had to keep in mind:

Vert
Stock Wheels
Stock FULL suspension (sway bar in tact AND no Kmember)
20 degrees timing (not 23+ with some race gas)
DR's on the first pass at 32 psi !!! UGGH. we obv didn't know that and corrected it on the 2nd pass

Anyways--those are all excuses, but honest ones :)
The goal was to get real street #'s truly obtainable by anyone with a similar set up.

On the last pass, Randy the track owner (well his Dad owns it but Randy basically runs it) is a good friend and asked to let off at 1000 ft. So I did. The car had a much better 1/8th and Is till went 11.4 lwtting off WAYY early. The car in good air has a high 10 in it easy. :)

We had a lot of fun witht he car and Vic continues to enjoy it every day. It was built right and built safe for lasting fun.

Thank you to everyone for such cool comments ont he video. It was a beast to produce and finish but overall came out well i think. I hope it was of value to some.

Thanks again.

Chris
DDD

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very well done!!

Nice production and very informative!

I like the numbers generated with the Kooks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't really know how to answer that question.. Don't know your machanic ability, whether you have done other headers before, if you have access to a lift, if you will be doing it by yourself or if you have a friend that can help, e.t.c....

Best thing i can say is that the video should at least help you if you follow the steps we took. The hardest part is prob fitting the header up into the driver side.

Sorry couldn't help more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts