Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why Ford put the Mustang writing on the passenger-side air bag cover and why they didn't put Cobra on there?

Anyone know of a replacement that would have Cobra writing or emblem?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Probably because it's a Mustang? Just a guess! Cobra is only the trim level.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, that's correct but they put cobra on the rear bumper, the snake in the seats.

How much more effort would of been to have Cobra on the air bag cover?

Just a thought (and complaint).

·
Registered
45 Posts
jfclague said:
Yea, that's correct but they put cobra on the rear bumper, the snake in the seats.

How much more effort would of been to have Cobra on the air bag cover?

Just a thought (and complaint).
I think you missed my point. Things that change with different trim levels:

Drivetrain
Suspension
Exhaust
Bumpers
Seats
Driver's side airbag cover

Given that the Cobra is a MUSTANG Cobra, why would Ford want to remove the only place on the entier car that says Mustang? The driver's side already says cobra and personally I think it'd look really dumb to have the dash say cobra in two places.

Why does everyone want to deny the fact that the Cobra is really a high end Mustang? Take other cars for example:

Mitsu LANCER Evolution still says "Lancer" on the trunk
Chevy CORVETTE Z06 still says Corvette
Dodge NEON SRT-4 still says NEON
Chevy FIREBIRD WS6 still says Firebird
SVT F150 Lightening still says F150 on the back

I think the Lancer example is probably the closest to the Cobra in terms of how much better the trim level is than the rest of the line. Atleast the Bumper says Cobra, the '94-95 (either 95 or 96) and '99 say Mustang.

Sorry for the rant, just a pet peeve of mine - first and foremost it's a Mustang, second it's a Cobra. Not the other way around (tell your insurance agent you have a Ford Cobra and see what they have to say... 'duh, I can't find the model').

1 - 5 of 5 Posts