Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
that is pretty cheap but 150 core charge come one you could sell your exsisting 99+ heads for more than that that is if you have a 99+ I wonder if they would give me 150 for my beat up 96 heads and then I could sell my 99+ . That would be sweet

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy Geez! How much for the port work?! I found my PI head source. If you hadnt told me I would have guessed they were 4v heads. Ok maybe not but still thats sweet!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have a set flowing 268/235 as well..And another set higher then that,but those are on my race car and are not available since im headsup racing with them..:)

They are expensive tho.
The heads I posted the numbers on are around $1800 for the portwork,valves,springs,guides,retainers.etc..

They are more then the company above.But you get what you pay for.I have a base port as well.Its cheaper but nowhere the above numbers.

If you want me to quote you a set of just plain ported heads,email me.
Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cobra Killer,
What knowledge do you have of the above company?Are you sure the product is better?Just because the price is cheaper doesn't mean they are not equal or better.I know they have about 700 PI heads (NEW by the way).It seems to me that they work on a much larger scale that the local head ported.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Didn't say anything about the above company now did I?
I said he could do better,that meaning higher flowing heads.

The local head porter ports heads for most of the SCCA cars.The "local" head porter has the worlds fastest supercharged 4valve.The Local porter also put down 700rwhp on a 2valve in street trim with only 18psi.
I dont see a set flowing 260+cfm from them..Do you?
Didnt even mention the company..Just stated I know where higher flowing heads can be had.
Im sure their heads work great.I never claimed to have knowledge.700 sets huh?Cool.Any of them flow 280cfm intake side.We have a set that does..:)

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
What type of flowbench do you use?What Bore diameter is the head flowed on?What valves size are you using?280cfm is real good.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Damn, Tim. I didn't realize you had heads doing that kind of stuff. I understand that flow isn't everything, but if I ever pull my mildly ported heads off my motor, I might be getting a hold of you for some more work. I know you know what's up down there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
badfast96 said:
that is pretty cheap but 150 core charge come one you could sell your exsisting 99+ heads for more than that that is if you have a 99+ I wonder if they would give me 150 for my beat up 96 heads and then I could sell my 99+ . That would be sweet
Actually we are now selling our heads with no exchange required! Now that is sweet!!:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts