Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone experienced oil going through the pcv into the intake on the high hp 03 cobras. this is a problem i am having with my vortech and am wondering if ford found a solution on the 03 motor. i am running a crank case breather. i have also done a compression and leak down and am fine on both. so its not blow by. if some one could show me a pic of a 03 engine so i could see if any changes were made....thanks for the hellp guys.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I believe that all cars will have small oil pass back in to the intake... there are companies that make oil catchers to put in between the PCV Valve and the Intake... dont have a link off the top of my head... sorry.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I agree that this is normal on pretty much all blown engines running any kind of boost. On my [email protected] I was having all sorts of oil accumulation in the intercooler, Oil vapors reduce power and make a mess of everything. The last tuner I used tuned it for vented valve covers but under boost oil would end up all over the engine compartment :(

I ended up venting both valve covers to a "T" and then threough a breathered catch can. Due to the hose length to the can I assume most of the oil is cooling, and precipitating and flowing back into the engine since very little is actually making it to the catch can.

·
Registered
135 Posts
First, do your valve covers have a flat baffle plate below the rubber-grommeted hole that the PCV plugs into? If not, can you somehow fabricate & attach one? There is a considerable amount of oil that is flung around inside a valve cover. That baffle deflects quite a bit of oil that otherwise would be sucked into the PCV line.
Next, I have had pretty good luck by using a special oil separator/breather that I found online. It probably doesn't work as well as a dedicated(and expensive) oil vapor separator. But it is very compact & is pretty easy to install.

Oil breather/separator

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts