Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pete,
After you drove my car you came to the conclusion that my clutch was bad and stated that I should replace it. You said that I should replace it with a stock clutch, why is that so? Why not go with a SPEC 2 or something?

I am stock now, except for K&N, and plan on doing mods soon. The car is in the shop now because they are looking at the HIGH SPEED VIBE and trying to fix it. Once it is out, I will be calling you to get the clutch replaced and a few extra goodies... let me know your opinion and anyone elses opinion about the clutch...

Thanks...

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Im not pete, but I think the reason behind it is that something has to give and its not going to be the engine, with that in mind, if your running DR's and getting traction and a solid clutch that doesnt slip then you are bound to damage one of the weaker components along the way such as an input shaft or half shafts.

G

·
Shadowgray03 said:
Im not pete, but I think the reason behind it is that something has to give and its not going to be the engine, with that in mind, if your running DR's and getting traction and a solid clutch that doesnt slip then you are bound to damage one of the weaker components along the way such as an input shaft or half shafts.
Right on the money! :D

I had mentioned this back in November and got slammed for it by one of our more vocal members, who will go unnamed. And then later he came on about 3 weeks ago and said exactly what you just said and I had said in the past. Wow..that got long :D

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
661 Posts
yup. You do need some slip, hi hp cars need a little better chutch , maby a spec3 plate and a stock press. plate, ?
If there is no slip you will break . this is one reason I use an auto. peace nitro

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that ill go with a SPEC 2 and stock pressure plate...

Im stock now and only plan on Cat-Back, L Pulley, & Chip and maybe an X pipe down the line... not to much but not stock either...

Should the SPEC2 be good for this?

The price for SPEC 2 Kit is about $300 at a couple different places. How much would installation of the kit and resurface of the flywheel be?

Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts