Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the boards for quite some time now, while I tried to get my Cobra repaired under warranty, but now that Ford has refused to honor the warranty to me or my lawyer, I can tell my story. In April on my, much modified, car one of the two in tank fuel pumps failed. This left me with enough fuel to drive the car, but the first time I put it in boost I melted #7 piston, the SES light was flashing like a Disco ball and two codes were present, one for a fuel circuit failure and one for a misfire cyl. #7. I spent the next month gathering parts to put the car back to stock, and sent it to Ford for warranty. The dealer said "peplace engine, due material failure" the Ford inspector said "replace engine, due material failure" Ford Motor Company said Warranty Denied!!!! A new wrinkle in Ford inspection calls for the inspector to take digital photographs of everything, and E-mail them to Ford, where upon inspection they saw "fine hair line scratches" on my computer board. Their response was, and I quote " suspect a performance chip was installed, warranty denied" I appealed that decision, and Ford sent another inspector who also said " replace engine" once again Ford said NO, I then contacted my lawyer, and had him write a letter to Ford, explaining the Magnason Moss act once again Denied!!! It seems they have a copy of the MMFF issue my car was in where I admit there is a chip in the car. What have I learned from this experience? Buy a second computer, and chip that one and never admit to anything in a magazine . Joe

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
What all has to be done to get a new computer to work in these cars? Am I correct on you cant just buy one and put it in, something has to be flashed and who is able to do this? Man I feel for ya , so you didnt know 1 of the pumps failed until it was to late??? I have heard of the F/P rail sensor failing and causing the oil to be gassed down and intern spinning bearings and now this, man these fuel related problems are scary and F#ck sh#t up before you know it. :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A new computer has to be introduced to your keys and transponder, due to the PATS (passive anti theft) once that is done by a Ford dealer or other shop that has the right equipment, you are ready to go. If you have a problem down the line, that requires warranty attention, you will have to reintroduce your old computer the same way. A royal pain, but cheap compared to a new engine. Joe

·
Registered
407 Posts
Join the club,

I also have a bottom end failure and a voided warrantee.....

I kinda feel like packing my cobra full of explosives and dropping it off at svt...... lol

j\k

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dude, that sucks. I am sorry to hear!!!! But, how can you "suspect" a peformace chip to have been installed and void one's warranty? That is awful.

Brandon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts