Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My planned setup is: C&L Racer, C&L Intake Manifold, GT500 TB, Motoblue Pullies, ARH 1 3/4'' Headers, SPR Stg 2 Cams, and P&P Heads w/ 1mm oversize valves.

Would the phaser limiters be best for me?

·
Registered
268 Posts
thats what SPR stands for (Springs and Phaser Limiters Required), i would go with comp's recommendation for their cams and install the limiters.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm ok, so I guess limiters will be fine instead of lockouts.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wouldnt use manley valves, I know one more person besides me that has had his engine ruined by a bad Manley +1mm valve, call it bad luck, but I need to say it to anyone who is considering Manley.

Why are you buying more pullies if you already have them listed in your sig? If it was me ... i´d keep the existing ones and get an electric H2O pump, thoug you will need a smaller band. Theres no difference in performance in pulley brands, basically all the same.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mex, I know you had a bad experience and I am really sorry - seriously.

However, the fact remains that manley is still an awesome valve that is tried and proven. I'm still not convinced your valve was at fault in your case either.

However, it does suck what happened to you but it's not fair to give manley valves a bad wrap cause they are a good valve overall IMO.

To the poster - you can use limiters or lockouts. Limiters will do the job for you but the lockouts are cheaper... your call.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not, that is just my planned FULL setup.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mex, I know you had a bad experience and I am really sorry - seriously.

However, the fact remains that manley is still an awesome valve that is tried and proven. I'm still not convinced your valve was at fault in your case either.

However, it does suck what happened to you but it's not fair to give manley valves a bad wrap cause they are a good valve overall IMO.

To the poster - you can use limiters or lockouts. Limiters will do the job for you but the lockouts are cheaper... your call.
I know, I havent even said Manley is a bad brand to go with, but like I said now I know of another person who had the same problem as I did and therefore same results as far as engine damage goes, and thats only from talking about it in 2 forums.

So atleast I´m giving him a chance to know about it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think I've heard of manley being bad. Every product has their flaws, some people are just the unlucky ones who have to suffer from it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$130 for limiters is good. I think I'll go with those.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Why would you go with lockouts anyway? The limiters would work better for your setup. What advantage would you get locking out the VCT entirely anyway? Doesn't make sense to me. The comp limiters would definitely not fail with that little of power if installed correctly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I've just heard horror stories about higher lift springs and only using limiters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts