Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of PI heads at my house along w/the PI intake, Bassani mid length's and matching mid pipe and all the bolts gaskets, etc... needed for the swap. I also ordered the ford service manual from the helms site. I plan on doing this swap in the next month or so and was just wondering if anyone who has done this has any advice on doing this swap? Is there anything I need to watch out for or be carefull of? Any help is appreciated.

Also, I do plan on having the car dyno tuned after the install but was wondering if I should have it done right after the install or will it be ok to drive around w/o a tune for a while?

Again, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
does holeshot dohead swaps and for how much

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I did the swap on my '97 T-Bird and wrote up a little article. It has a parts listing and some pics, also links to other articles I found helpful. Most everything is the same on the T-Bird as on the Mustang, save a few minor differences.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
138 Posts
timing again I thought it was a pretty easy swap with my LT's and all I think it set me back about another hour or 2 maybe. But my motor was out fo the car also so that made it much easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts