Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my headswap this weekend and I have an appointment to have JMS tune the car on tuesday afternoon but I might have a problem now. I ordered a ProM 85mm MAF w/the full Densecharger set up and the meter might not be in in time for me to have it on the car for the tune. I called JMS and asked if this will be a problem and they said that it will and that they don't reccomend trying to tune the car if I am going to put on a different MAF right after that.

I took off all next week to do the headswap and then get the car tuned, then go to Florida for vacation but if I don't have the MAF then I can't have the car tuned. I am still going to Florida though and that brings me to my question.

Will I be ok driving the car around w/the PI headswap and no tune?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know of two people who did the headswap but they didnt have any chips running. They just bolted on, made sure the timing was right and off they went. We dont have any tuners here that have a dyno and they have not dyno'ed since the swap.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I drove mine for nearly a year before I got my JMS chip and it ran great. You'll probably have to run a higher octane fuel to avoid knocks, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts