Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'00 heads on a stock 96 gt engine would make what compression? I have been told 9.7 and i've been told mid 10's. Help on this would be much appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
i've been looking into the same swap and all the shops have told me from 10.1 to 10.4

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm looking into this also (put up a new thread last night). From my understanding the '96+ is 9.3, the '00+ motors are 9.74 and swapping the PI heads onto a pre-'99 motor should put you at about 10.5. I've read this in a few articles and wouldn't be suprised. The combustion chambers on the PI heads are much smaller than the stock heads, almost non-existent.
The other thing to consider is the difference in piston dish depth. These varied through the years and through the different applications.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have also been told that it would go mid to high tens minimum and even into the 11's. However I have recently been advised that the 11 stuff is pure bunk. I dont know for sure though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
10:5 is a good bet some say closer to 10:25 the piston depths did change 96-98 were a smaller dish than the 99+

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mine checked out to between 195 and 205 on each cylinder post headswap. I was close to sea level (South Carolina) at the time and if memory serves the formula yielded approximately 10.25:1 compression ratio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts