Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats gonna make the power with 10-12 psi boost on a 99gt, SVO heads and intake or PI heads and bullit intake? What has greater potential with big cams and big boost.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Calypso428 said:
Mickey, what about the fact that SVO heads on a 99 will drop the C/R by what could be almost a full point?
yeah, that's a tough call though. Compression would be around 8.5:1 i believe, but if he's gonna stuff 12psi NOW (and you know that'll change to like 15-16 later on :D ) the SVO stuff would probably make more power.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
EEC Tuner said:
SVO heads have more potential! Not sure about the intakes.
I beg to differ.The P.I head chamber can be reworked with a valve Most aren't aware of will fit.

One set of valves and remachining netted 258intake /235 exhaust @ 550lift.
Another 248/225

And the P.I heads on my car flow alot more then the 258 set.

My car made 676rwhp with 16psi no intercooler,JBA shortyheaders and 15 degress of timing all behind a 2.5 inch exhaust.
619rwhp same setup but with a S trim.

Tim

·
Registered
182 Posts
97MattGT said:
yeah, that's a tough call though. Compression would be around 8.5:1 i believe, but if he's gonna stuff 12psi NOW (and you know that'll change to like 15-16 later on :D ) the SVO stuff would probably make more power.
Matt, I have actually heard from 2 engine builders it can drop a 99/00 2V to around 8.0:1 - 8:2:1.

For the kind of $$ being spent on FRPP heads, he'd probably get more $$ for $$ out of his PI heads being P&P'd

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well being i have ported pi heads and 10 psi .I have to say pi heads.
Plus the svo heads add a extra 800 plus to a build job and are as only as good as the porter that does them..

STock to stock its hard to say because the pi outflows the svo on the exhaust side but the svo outflows the pi on the intake side.

I say its down to the tuner and combo.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Unless you're going full-race, it's ridiculous to get an SVO head, in my opinion. Have the PI heads worked properly and they'll do great in the application you've mentioned.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yep SVO is just not worth the money, port your stockers and have fun

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Price? I can get this complete engine with the ported svo heads, intake and forged bottom end for just swappin it out for a stock engine that I must buy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
for a race engine....I'd either go to Cobra Killer for the special valve package he has or I'd have some FRPP Heads ported.

Either way I don't think you'll be unhappy.

SJ

·
Registered
492 Posts
Im porting my stockers to match these cam specs: 234/238 @.005, .550 lift I+E, 113 lobe sep. Should see some SWEET HP numbers from this new setup + a few changes on current mods like headers, M/A, injectors :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
I beg to differ.The P.I head chamber can be reworked with a valve Most aren't aware of will fit.

One set of valves and remachining netted 258intake /235 exhaust @ 550lift.
Another 248/225

And the P.I heads on my car flow alot more then the 258 set.
those are some huge numbers, no doubt. But how about compared the lower lift numbers and such (velocity)?

the svo heads flow over 210cfm untouched, and i heard the svo heads have alot more material for porting then pi heads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts