Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I left Reno Nv on Wed night. I drove to Oregon just south of the Whasington border. Traded in my Z28 and picked up my 03 Sonic blue Cobra with 507 miles on the OD. Well turned around and drove strait to Yuba City in Ca for my base line dyno run. This was 800 miles later so the car had 1200 miles on the od.

The Dyno was a mustang style dyno. My car put down a best of 363.7 hp. No torque #'s though as they did it for free. Well the A/F was really rich and I was only pulling 8.1 pounds of boost. The A/F was 10.1 to 1. So there should be more hp with a good A/f. This was bone stock with the paper filter and all. I also managed to get 318 miles on a tank of gas. My gas milage was 24 mpg.

I do have one issue. I have the drive line vibration at speeds over 80 mph. Will a dealer fix this or do they claim it is normal.

BTW I dont miss the Camaro at all. I love this car

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
rb185afm said:

I do have one issue. I have the drive line vibration at speeds over 80 mph. Will a dealer fix this or do they claim it is normal.
Problem is, they can't drive it that fast, nor let the tech go with you while you drive that fast. Good news is they can usually feel the vibe around 45 MPH as well, and should do the TSB for the vibe.

I have very minimal vibe, I don't worry about it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Mine felt solid even at 145. :shocked I got all the pops and clunks, however.

I might try to get mine dynoed sometime this next month. I'd like to see what she is doing stock.

-wjfawb0

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
rb185afm said:
The Dyno was a mustang style dyno. My car put down a best of 363.7 hp. No torque #'s though as they did it for free. Well the A/F was really rich and I was only pulling 8.1 pounds of boost. The A/F was 10.1 to 1. So there should be more hp with a good A/f. This was bone stock with the paper filter and all. I also managed to get 318 miles on a tank of gas. My gas milage was 24 mpg.
BTW I dont miss the Camaro at all. I love this car
Congrats on the new purchase!!! And those are great numbers compared to some Mustang Dyno's I have seen. They are usually alot lower than a Dynojet......

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let me guess... you got that one from Gresham Ford for under $29,000?

Congrates on the purchase. Nice car and perfect time to buy...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep Gresham ford is the one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts