Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it today and I haven't seen a side by side pic yet so I figured I'd take a couple real quick...on my kitchen table of course

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
what makes this better
I don't think anyone ever said it was better. Just a significantly cheaper alternative to an OEM unit which are very hard to find.

With that being said, I see they are 10 core versus the OEM 9, and I wonder the differences in heat transfer between two being different types of aluminum. The aftermarket unit does look to be shorter and not as deep. The latter of the two might help with intake air making the 180 degree turn to head back up to the runners.

Good pics.

--Joe

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Looks like its about an 1" shorter than the stocker, which would mean less cooling capacity right?.

·
Registered
649 Posts
It just seems to be all around smaller, except the number of fins though. It seems that it wouldnt really help cool the intake better than the stock one.

·
4.6 ways to waste money
1,940 Posts
Could the shorter core be better for air flow in the lower intake?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Could the shorter core be better for air flow in the lower intake?
Yes. The main reason for this intake is little better cooling but at half the price of a stock one. I talked to rick about getting one and he said if your stock one is working fine then dont get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts