Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting the parts together for a mark viii dohc 4.6 into my 88 mustang gt.
as of now i have a 97 cobra k member control arms motor mounts & ecu & i am pulling the motor from the mark viii as we speak.
i have a couple of questions:
will i need the wiring harness from the mark viii
can i use my stock t-5 with a different bell housing or would it be easier to use the automatic from the mark viii?
and will this (http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Tach-Adaptor-for-Distributorless-Engines,102.html) allow me to use my stock gauges?
and can i use the hydro boost setup from a v-6 sn95 mustang. (i am keeping my 4lugs so i can run 93 cobra wheels)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 97 k-member will work with the fox body a-arms (shorter). The rear holes on the k-member will need to be slotted. You will need at least the engine harness from the mark if you plan on running ford fuel injection. I don't think the t-5 will workwith any bell housing but I could be mistaken. Hydroboost will work with the proper plumbing. As for the gauges, that is where I am. Find yourself some good books from Helm Publications.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.