Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When Pete finished my Kenne Bell install, there were some compatibility problems with the Diablo tune in my car. It was due to the newer computer code that I had and these factors made it difficult to dial in the A/F perfectly.

Now the chip wasn't bad at all - it made HUGE power and was perfectly safe. But, being a PERFECTIONIST, Pete suggested that I head over to his associate's place to try an 'on-the-fly' tune.

Enter JD's Performance and Reair and MAD MAN Joe.

I went to Joe seeking a perfect a/f curve that only an on-the-fly tune can provide.

But on-the-fly tunes are only as good as the tuner himself. And Joe has revealed himself as one of the best.

He started with a baseline tune - the result of his collaborations with the Autologic big dogs. Well, it was very close right off the bat!

And after just a few dyno pulls....Joe hit 624 RWHP and 565 RWTQ!!! I almost fell over.

Now keep in mind that this was with my street tune! PUMP GAS!! There was no ice bags on the car...no long cool down periods. These were realistic numbers and they were consistent pull after pull.

Joe, your Autologic tunes will hold their own with anything out there! You are amazing, bro!

Today, I went back to Joe's with Nitrous Pete and togather they collaborated on my car and fine-tuned it into a VERY CONSERVATIVE, VERY SAFE and fully streetable configuration. Pete dropped what he was doing at his shop today, spoke with Joe, and dedicated most of his day to help me out. That's REAL DEAL stuff, what could possibly be more stand-up than that???

And JT too - every time I get stuff done to my car, he comes MILES to hang and be supportive. ACES guys here.

Anyway, with a VERY CONSERVATIVE a/f, the car is consistently pulling well over 600 RWHP and 560 RWTQ.

Then we put the little pulley on the car.

The initial pull was aborted because the fuel map has to be completely redone. Joe suggested that I roll off the dyno, let him work on it to get a closer baseline, and come back...in order to avoid excessive dyno pulls. Way to look out for me, Joe. I am THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED with you, your shop and your operation. I am also so happy to see vendors like you and Pete working cooperatively, sharing your resources and teaming up to deliver maximum customer satisfaction. Superb!!!!

Anyway, the small pulley dyno run was aborted at 4K as it was looking like it wanted to go lean. But before it was aborted, it did happen to hit 620 RWTQ. And the HP curve was heading straight up!

Hmmm....680 RWHP on race fuel? Could be.

I'll have Joe send me the dyno sheets in electronic format (the printed ones got crapped up) and I'll post them.

Thanks for everything, guys. Pete did my install perfectly and on time, suggested all the right parts and turned my car into a fire-breathing beast. He then referred me to a world-class business associate of his for optimal on-the-fly tune.

The result is an 03 Cobra that is truly a force to recon with....and one DAMN HAPPY customer of PJ's Performance and JD's Auto.

Thanks, fellas.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Hammer you should write a book, On the mustang world of racing, I'm serious, I know its spelled wrong ,, So what !!!
I race . I dont type ! Well maby a little :)

G

·
Nice numbers Rich! Cool to see things as they were with JD's and PJ's collaberating on a Mustang like it has been and always should be. Way to go guys! Now Rich....go out tonight and kick some ass on the street. Everyone knows I cant....I want to ...but with all my prioritys right now...its just not in the cards.

Harry

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hot Rod Harry said:
Nice numbers Rich! Cool to see things as they were with JD's and PJ's collaberating on a Mustang like it has been and always should be. Way to go guys! Now Rich....go out tonight and kick some ass on the street. Everyone knows I cant....I want to ...but with all my prioritys right now...its just not in the cards.

Harry
Thanks Harry. No problem dude, I understand the priorities. We'll represent out there, as best as we can. In the mean time, you take care of business and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

When the time is right, you come out and have some fun too.

:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am REALLY ANXIOUS to see what happens with the little pulley.

Like I said, the pull was aborted at 4K. But a lot of the story was told on that partial pull.

Torque hit 615 RW at 3300 and went to 620. On my strongest pull with the street pulley and pump gas, torque was 565.

Also, on my strongest street pull, the car made 415 RWHP at 4000 RPM's. Then it rose to 625.

Well, with the small pulley dyno half-run, the car made 515 RWHP at 4000 RPMs. That's exactly 100 RWHP more at the same RPM range. What will that rise to?

Hmmmmmm..... Kenne Bell continues to amaze me.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Freakin AWESOME Bro, let us know how that small pulley works out for ya:shocked

·
Registered
4 Posts
NP you are without a doubt the man, from what I read here! I live on the other coast and can not come to you. If (when) I continue on my mod trail I think you are who I want to deal with. How would a chip work out if I put a 2.93 pulley with my densecharger and some catback? Can you tune a chip without my car? How does that work? What catback do you like? Have you used spin tech? I am going to stay conservitive I do not want to put a cage in my car so I hope to just run 12 flat or a smidge faster on street tires. Your 9.99 is way cool though. Any thoughts appreciated.:D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hammer & Pete - It was nice finally meeting up with you guys yesterday after a game of cat and mouse on up to JDs... this time the mouse was twice as fast as the cat... but i hung in there.

Pete said you were getting pissed cause of the traffic and you couldn't loose me... come to realize only had a K&N that must have hurt... just messing ;) your car is amazing...

That sucks that you could get the smaller pulley working, but in time you will have it and will be crushing everyone...

mot - PETE told has over 100 different programs for our cars, so more than likely he has a program for yours...

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TopRacer said:
Pete said you were getting pissed cause of the traffic and you couldn't loose me... come to realize only had a K&N that must have hurt... just messing ;)
Yeah, Pete was just messing with you, bro. We weren't trying to lose you at all - not even for a second. The car never exceeded 1/8th throttle. Just trying to get to JD's shop because I was two hours late for an appointment. And when Pete's in the passenger's seat, I have to drive like a senior citizen anyway. One touch of the pedal and I'm getting yelled at.

:D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey you will get old too. , I dont like being in te pass. seat. Now I know why they call you Hammer . . . . . . .
nitro

·
Registered
481 Posts
Probably 1/8th throttle... to my WOT and foot through the floor :D ...

I need some power upgrades soon incase i run into one of the other 03s around here pushing high hp... Pete ill be calling on you later this week for the clutch install and possible a MAC cat back... thanks for everything guys...

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
What size pulley where ya using for the "street" when ya pulled the 62x?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts