Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am ordering a vortech kit and im going to run 10# my tunning is being done by apex motorsport in san jose (vortech recomended them)with my current mods in my sig excluding the inlet pipe and timming advance(needs to be removed for blower)will i get 400rwhp and should i get a mid 12 out of it?the guy at apex said no problem because my set-up is better then the q400 base model and steeda pulls 400rwhp and a 12.4 on 18 inch street tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nos kit is history, im going [email protected],42#injectors,apex tune,and my current mods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a V-1 kit running about 12lbs of non-intercooled boost. Mine is on a forged shortblock, long tubes, ported stock upper, and everything else you've got and I'm putting down 390rwhp on a MustangDyno (reads 10-15% lower from what I hear). You may need a little more than 10psi on a stock bottom end to hit 400, unless the tuner leans it out, which I don't recommend. Mid 12s should not be a problem at all if you get some traction. Mine went [email protected] with detonation at 5K. This run was before my last tune. My combo should be good for 11.70s-11.80s now that I've got the bugs worked out. Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i guess 370rwhp is fine but i am going with the diablo tune. im just shooting for 12.5 with a 2.0 60.the guy that dynos at 390 with 12#of boost and forged internals you are looking at about 440rwhp on a dyno jet.i cant understand why the q400 puts 400rwhp and i cant.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I forgot to mention - get the aftercooler - blowing hot air into your car is retarded. Why? Cause they'll have to retard your timing to get a safe tune. Spend the bux and get the aftercooler.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just want a 12.6 and i mainly look for roll power.the aftertcooler is not practical for what im looking for.how about some of sc guys post some times ?thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Vortech makes a good supercharger but look at what you are really getting, a turbo with a belt. If you are looking to gon in the low twelves and beyond and do not what to worry of you poweradder has enough b***s then the only way to is the turbo. Do yourself a favor and check out this site before you decide.
http://www.venommotorsports.com/libraryforcedinduction.asp

There are guys out there 8psi at over 400rwhp.:jawdrop

1 - 12 of 12 Posts