Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For now, I have decided to go ahead and get the 4V that I have in my 91 running. I have weighed possibly changing to a different setup, but since this combo is so close to being finished, I might as well go ahead with it.

For those that don't know, I have a 93 Mark VIII 4.6 DOHC with a 96 Cobra intake and IMRC delete plates. I plan on running an electric water pump and no belt at all at the race track. I will be spraying a dry 150-175 shot of NOS. I am also running a T45 5-speed and 4.10 gears. The car already has the suspension setup and a cage. I expect to have the weight down to around 2900lbs with driver once completed. What do you guys think the potential of this setup would be? I think it is neat being I have very little money tied up in this whole project, and to think it could possibly run a decent number is exciting. I have seen one other car with basically the same setup that was able to get into the high 10's in the 1/4. I have no idea at this point even if I will come close to that, but that is my goal! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
if you go push rod I have a 429 with your name alllllll over it....

a mod fox would be bad ass!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
mark vlll

i know a guy who has that setup and he runs low 11's with 150 wet shot except he doesn't have the cobra intake. the motor is completely stock except for the juice. he weights in @ 3125lbs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put it together, blow it up, repeat, ya lemming hoser. ;):D

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts