The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions and or Experiances??

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Jim , MSD is the way to go BUT it is not available yet./
I tried to get one , there is some prob. in the unit , they are working on it now. I will try to keep up on it .
nitro
Hey you giong to wfc6 , I will be there on Wed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Jim,
FYI, I had one installed on my 03. Gained 6 rwhp and 8 torque. The unit is in line with the existing wiring, so if there's a failure with the unit no problem, you can see once it's hooked up each spark wire has an indication light on the box. I know a little about electricity and stuff like this, best way I.M.O. to explain it, the unit only delivers increased current to the individual coils. The intensity is more than stock, but the best part is after the initial signal to the coil, the input continues and gradually drops off in intensity, much like a CCD dual unit but at a higher rate of current and efficiency. Creates a very stable and long spark for complete burn, the stock signal triggers to the coil and immediately drops off. It's great at lower RPM for stability, read smoothness, and fantastic at higher RPM, coupled with some good plugs, blowout is not an issue, it eliminates some of the spark feedback too. I gained a few HP and Torque. On my trip back from Bakersfield Famoso Raceway, I still had some MS 103 in the 03 mixed with 91, 80-85 mph mountains and all I avg'd 26 mpg.
Just My $.02 :cool:

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LotsaFords said:
Plasma Booster:cool:
Thank's for the replys..
LotsaFords, Is there a specific 03 Cobra model? Do you have the Part #?
thank's !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Thank's for the replys..
LotsaFords, Is there a specific 03 Cobra model? Do you have the Part #?
thank's !
No Prob. Jim
Yes there's an 03 spec. part #. I'll go take a look. Got it here somewhere!!
:cool:

The part # is 1118138
You can call or visit the site and look under applications.
http://www.ignitionsolutions.com/index.shtml

Not trying to sell anything here, just sharing some info.
Seems to work well for me.:banggears

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts