Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without going into a huge big deal here, I agree with what pete was saying about copying products etc...Sure, EVERYONE starts from somewhat of a base idea and improves on it, copies it, modifies it, etc to make it better...Hell, if that didnt' happen, there would only be Ford cars out there, but instead other companies took a similar idea and ran with it..

The case here is that ALL of UPR's SHeeet that they so call "produce" is nothing modified nor changed to make better than the "original" components...Argue all you want, but if you guys LOOK first hand at the crap they sell, its pure junk and their practices should be known....

Pretty interesting to see who supports UPR too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
419 Posts
I support UPR. :)

Some stuff is just direct copies, some stuff isn't. So what? I like the fact it is driving down the price of parts. A lot of parts out there would still be way overpriced if it wasn't for other companys makeing copys. Everyone copys everyone. Steeda, UPR, GMS, etc. Get over it, move on. Enjoy the lower prices :)

Does UPR have some customer service/inventory issues to work out? Sure. Who doesn't when thier biz takes off. Its all part of growing and I'm sure will be taking care of.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't agree that everyone copies...some companies actually make their own products and those companies should be rewarded. What people call high prices are usually companies trying to recoup their R&D. UPR supports can say all day long that every company copies - general statements like that no matter the subject will always be false. Are there some companies? Absolutely. And that is where I say it is up to consumers to support the companies that put the effort into producing items.

I can name several companies that have exploded that don't have customer service issues. It's not an issue that they are out of stock on items, it's that they tell people things are in stock when they aren't - that is unacceptable.

I don't think all of their stuff is "junk" - they have their good products and bad products, and I have purchased things that I like or feel are well made or better than their competition.

I don't have a personal gripe with UPR - I could care less about them as a company. But for me personally, if I knew the extent of how they do things previously, I would have thought twice about purchases from them.

But if copying products is acceptable, how about a request for them to copy CPR's POS fuel rails.....if they truly take designs and "fix" them, there is a product just begging to be fixed! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.