Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vortec goes on shortly, and we are going to dyno that evening. Could someone please post a desirable air/fuel chart that I can use as a reference point? I know my installer will know how to read the chart, but I also like to have some insight ahead of time.

Thanks.
~Darren

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
My opinion is to have the A/F at 12:1 across the board. This way you have a good safe tune. My car is set up that way and I'm happy with it. Others may more info for you on this. Hopefully they will chime in.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to show my ignorance here...would 11.5:1 be more safe or more lean than the 12:1 ratio? This is ALL new to me, but I am trying to develop an understanding.
Thanks for the reply.
~Darren

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
SilverStallion said:
I am going to show my ignorance here...would 11.5:1 be more safe or more lean than the 12:1 ratio? This is ALL new to me, but I am trying to develop an understanding.
Thanks for the reply.
~Darren
11:5 would be safer/richer than 12:1. ;) You can visit my website and go to the pics page where my dyno sheet is posted. There you can see A/F ratio's on a graph.

Razor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went to your site and saw the recent vid of your car...man, that thing is awsome...totally awsome.
I guess I will aim for between 11.5-12:1 across the board.

Thanks for the help, and again, that is one b.a. Cobra you have there.
~Darren

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
SilverStallion said:
Just went to your site and saw the recent vid of your car...man, that thing is awsome...totally awsome.
I guess I will aim for between 11.5-12:1 across the board.

Thanks for the help, and again, that is one b.a. Cobra you have there.
~Darren
Hey thanks allot man.;) You got quite the list of mods going yourself bro. You have one bad azz stang as well. Good luck and we will be here to help if we can.

Razor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts