Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a dry system on Mark's 03 Friday. It has six pound lower and upper pullies and full exhaust. He's running Denso's right now. He wants to know what would be the best plug and gap for a small shot around 30-50. He also would like to know how long are the Densos good for when you run your car pretty hard with high boost rates. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I used AWSFA-12C, AGSF-12C (both Motorcraft) and had a little hesitation when the solenoid opened at 3200rpm (up to around 3600rpm) when these plugs were gapped at 0.035 running 17psi and a 75hp dry shot. If I gapped them down to 0.032, all was fine.

I put in a set of NGK BR7EF plugs and gapped them to 0.035 and the power application was smooth as silk. This is what I am running now.

MJ

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you have any problems with the BR7's fouling with everyday driving? I remeber that seemed to be a problem with the Lightnings on daily drivers. It was more of a race oriented plug.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MJ. You're one of the few willing to help.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Corner-Carver said:
Do you have any problems with the BR7's fouling with everyday driving? I remeber that seemed to be a problem with the Lightnings on daily drivers. It was more of a race oriented plug.
Not so far BUT I change plugs regularly.

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
We use the BR7's with a pretty healthy dose of spray...

The only thing we noticed was a little rougher idle sometimes, not bad though a little WOT blasts cleans it out, and is fun.:D

We change them pretty regular in the car & the truck

jb

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
I've ordered a set of BR7EF's through Extreme Imports & Domestics in Springfield, MO. $22 bucks. Ask for Blake:

(417) 880-2329

1 - 11 of 11 Posts