Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...i'm new here but have been around at svtperf for a while

i just swapped out my stock plugs for some denso IT22's and am wondering what to read from how the plugs looked. they were all very blackened around the tips...nothing looked bad, just that

what's that mean? or does it tell me nothing.

thanks
marwane.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't have em with me to post pics

but, does this mean i did a bad thing by puttin it22's in???

because it says i need hotter plugs, not colder

m.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They may be be fouled, they may not be. Probably are. What are your mods, Marwane? Were your stock plugs 22s or 12s? BTW, fouled plugs on an '03 means you have not been romping on it hard enough =>) !

·
Registered
218 Posts
Based on <http://www.newcovenant.com/wings/tuning/read_plugs.htm>, which picture best describes the condition of your plugs? And were your stock plugs AGSF-32FM1 or AGSF-22FM1 or AGSF-12FM1? If the problem is realted to fouling, perhaps your '03 was issued with a set of AGSF-32FM1 plugs. If your stock plugs were AGSF-22FM1 and fouling is present, then to what extent is the plug fouled? Perhaps a quick romp @ WOT every now and then would remove the deposits and suffice.

Offhand, IT22s may too cold for your current setup. Densos run colder than their counterparts in the same heat range. And they serve as poor diagnostic indicators as they fail to color well. In any event, post a pic or two for a more direct and appropriate response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts