Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have this? It sounds almost like the same pop that the rear end makes, but I have it from under the dash.

A friend of mine has a 2003 Mustang GT and she took her car into the dealership. They told her it had something to do with the A/C and it was normal, I don't by this. I have owned 4 Mustangs, this sound is definately not normal.

I have plans to take my car to the dealership to have the rear end pop repaired and to also have this other pop checked out. I was just curious if any of you guys have had the same problem.

Thanks

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
The A/C is kinda loud when it comes on. The compressor that is. I don't know if thats what you are hearing.

gary

·
Registered
309 Posts
Eric,
More than likely you have an issue with the accumulator or a/c lines hitting the bulkhead. If you check on the right rear of the engine compartment, behind the accumulator, either the a/c lines or accumulator itself will hit when either the compressor cycles or you hit a bump. Insulating the lines and accum. from the bulkhead should fix your concern. Use some sort of foam or something padding to insulate.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts