Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my car isn't a 2003 but maybe someone can help me.I have 2k on a new t-45 tranny with Spec II clutch, Aluminum Flywheel and Keny Brown back Differential Brace aned Aluminum Driveshaft. For some reason it will pop out of reverse and you can hear a nice clunck in the back and it is pretty loud. I am wondering why this happens? It happens once in like 10 times. But when I know it is in all the way it never happens and is rare to come out. When it pops out of gear it goes almost into neutral but not all the way. And this only happens in reverse and all my gears are smooth shifting just a bit of muscle to get into reverse sometimes. And I have a Tr-ax shifter on it too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Make sure your stop bolts are adjusted properly.

There should be enough room to slip a business card between the handle and the stop bolts in every gear.

Set in 1st and 2nd then verify others.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other suggestions before I take it apart to look at it?

·
Registered
309 Posts
T-45's were notorious for popping out of gear. It was a very common problem with the 5th / reverse shift fork. The fork would bend, causing the concern. Replacing the 5th / reverse for should correct the problem. I believe there is a TSB for this concern. Check with a dealer for the TSB number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts