Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Gentlemen,

I installed my ported intake about 2 days ago and I can tell you that I have a new car! The car revs so much smoothly and even the wife said "the car feels so much smoother and lighter".

The motor seems to keep pulling now on the top end and revs like a new baby! I have no dyno numbers as of right now since I want to spend the money wisely and tune with the addtion of the JBA headers with the MAFterburner. Seat of the pants is just great the car pulls and just keep pulling!!!

The install is an easy project, about 2 hours with the hardest part being taking care of the injectors to ensure that you do not break the seals, and the installation of the new freze plugs...other than that very easy.

I want to say thank you to TXsnakecharmer since we have been talking about it for a while and exchanged several PMs and emails on the subject.

Also to "Key" who provided me with a BUNCH of photos of his work (intake) and many other hints!!

Now, today I spend about 6 hours working on the JBA headers installation and I can tell you what a PITA!!!!!!!

I took my son to help me with the task (he was VERY helpfull with the intake) and it sucked!! I have the driver side installed but the passenger side I have 2 bolts/studs that I can not remove!!! I have them loose but I can not continue now since they are about half way out and I have NO and I mean NO space!!!!!

I lifted the motor about 2-3 inches and spend about 2 hours trying! Then I just left and will work on it in a few days!!!

Yeap. I quit the job today!! I'll be back to defeat the passenger side header!!!

The other feat was the dip stick tube......I have NOT been able to get the sucker back on the hole!! Any coments?

Overall, just a plain PITA!!

Now, Just need to install my aluminum flywheel and clutch! Then hit the dyno and the track.

I'll have some dyno numbers and some 1/4 times very but very soon, hope for 330 RWHP and about 12.6 at the 1/4.

Naz

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Nazman said:
The other feat was the dip stick tube......I have NOT been able to get the sucker back on the hole!! Any coments?

Naz
Hey Naz,

I had the same problem putting JBAs on my Bullitt. I ended up having to jack up the motor and loosen the driver's side motormount at the block in order to get the dipstick tube back in.

Good luck,

MJ

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Ported Intake & Headers Install......

mjchip said:
Hey Naz,

I had the same problem putting JBAs on my Bullitt. I ended up having to jack up the motor and loosen the driver's side motormount at the block in order to get the dipstick tube back in.

Good luck,

MJ
MJ,

Thank you for the coment. That is what I was planning to do for my next step.

As soon as I install them and the FW/Clutch going to do some tunning with the MAFterburner and see what we can accomplish!

Looking forward and I'll pass you along some dyno sheets for ref.

Naz

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony 96 Cobra said:
I am guessing the headers are in by now? :D

any update for us?
Yes, I did finallized the headers on Thursday last week it was a royal PITA!

I fiugure that with 2 people will be A LOT easier but by your self I do not recomend.

No leaks, everthing sealed right, I used some Stage 8 hardware instead of the stock studs.

I ran into some clearance problems with the stock studs, the JBA does not afford any space and everthing is VERY tight.

Went to Jackson Dragway last night looking for some new times but it got rain out!

Now, the car is going into the big ship and will go into Germany next week. Then will try to get the Euro Trash at bay!

I'll be flying out with my fam down to Puerto Rico on the 23rd and arrive into Germany the 4th of Aug.

I'll be back to the US of A in 3 years. While in Germany I plan on straping a ProCharger. We will see.

Naz

·
Registered
302 Posts
well, i am glad you got it together.. I hope you and your family have safe travels, and be sure to keep the Euros behind you. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts