Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok basicly this is what i could get:
A port job, with some nice cams
OR
long tube headers and X pipe to fit it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
porting won't do much if you're staying n/a...i do lt's and cams if i were you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have never thought someone would say that 30 - 65 hp isn't much, it's more then you'll get from any header i know of.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Headwork with cams all the way, in comparison that is. Cams wolnt do much if you dont port to match. Lt's are the cheapest route of the 2, but will make alot less power.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lt's don't pass emissions right?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Port & Polish, cams, then headers.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I noticed a very nice gain with my header's unless your going blown you wont gain 30 -65 hp with port and cams sorry no one on here has gained that much that I have seen maybe 35-40 tops with headers already on the car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Spot on badfast96. There is no way cams and porting will make that much difference. It just will not happen. You will be lucky to get 20-25 hp to the wheels that way. That is not bad mind you, but it is not 35-65 HP. Who told you that? And you dont need headers...they are a lot of money for a minimal gain, but if you wanna spend it go ahead. The X pipe is gonna be better for you than the headers...the cats are your problem there. For what you would pay for a "good" PnP and cams you could just swap to the PI heads and be done with it...there you will see 45-65 HP gain and be a lot happier...albeit with higher compression.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i already have the PI heads, i was just wondering about porting them, what kind of gains will i see with just stock PI heads, and stock PI cams? and stock headers. as opposed to the about 1250 i will need to spend to get ported, and cams, and the down time of 3 weeks i haveto wait for the job to get done.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My 2000 has the PI heads, and I am getting the heads and cams done. Instead of GUESSING how much of a gain it will be, I will post my dyno results and all questions will be answered on this thread. I was told to expect atleast 300 to the wheels, about a 50 hp gain, but probably more. Anyway, I will not forget to post after the work is done.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yes please post that I would like to see the gains on a n/a car that did not get the headswap also, just port and cams

·
Registered
100 Posts
I could see more power coming out of PNP/cam job on the PI heads in a 00, fifty to rear wheels seems a bit much, but I wont doubt too much. Powerheads does just a hardcore port and buildup on the valve train and says they get a 100 HP gain just on a headswap (for 96-98 motors going to PI). I imagine the diff those heads would make on 99+ would be around 40-50. Just a thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts