Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a new 03 Grey Lightning. I have a few ??? for you guys if you dont mind helping out....

1. How much boost is from factory?
2. What is the gear ratio?
3. Safe for towing? IE (Jet Ski or possible boat?)
4. Can you give me recommendations for the first bolt ons that should be installed and what I shopuld see from these parts as far as HP and TQ.

I would like to run deep in the 12's with just bolt ons no Spray for me. Can this be done and what are we looking at as far as $$$$? Last but not least who would you recommend as far as vendors to work with?

Sorry for so many ???? Just would like to get some facts before I purchase.

Thanks for your help..

Dave.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Cheyco said:
1. How much boost is from factory?
2. What is the gear ratio?
3. Safe for towing? IE (Jet Ski or possible boat?)
4. Can you give me recommendations for the first bolt ons that should be installed and what I shopuld see from these parts as far as HP and TQ.

I would like to run deep in the 12's with just bolt ons no Spray for me. Can this be done and what are we looking at as far as $$$$? Last but not least who would you recommend as far as vendors to work with?
1) 8psi
2) 3.73:1
3) Piece of cake towing.......450 ft-lbs ;)
4) Simple bolts on to go low 12's.......Well there are tons of ways to do this but these should get ya there.......my prices are estimates
chip-$350
6# lower-$250
filter kit-$200
electric fan kit-$450
slicks-$500
traction bars-$450
driveshaft loop-$50
you can get other stuff to help out like.......ported plenum, throttle body, exhaust etc etc etc.

There are tons of vendors........try checking here for some of them.

Have fun.........

--Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
my buddy just bought an 03.one word "awesome".he had the pulley upgraded to a 10# from the dealer.sees every bit of the ten pounds.Watch out for this truck in the norteast,he plans on being in the low elevens high tens real soon.:jawdrop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts