Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm about finished with my setup (gt4202, tial 44mm, w/g tial 50mm bov mmr950 s/b and worked over aviator heads) and the only thing i'm missing is the intake. now i know i can go 99-01 cobra or 03-04 mach but has anyone done a custom upper on the stock lower? Is there a reason it hasn't been done? could i use the procharger upper without the air to water setup? is the "empty void" in the lower not enough of a restriction? just trying to do something a little out of the norm if possible, thanks.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ill make you a very good deal on a 99/01 intake if you want to make it easy on yourself.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i'm about finished with my setup (gt4202, tial 44mm, w/g tial 50mm bov mmr950 s/b and worked over aviator heads) and the only thing i'm missing is the intake. now i know i can go 99-01 cobra or 03-04 mach but has anyone done a custom upper on the stock lower? Is there a reason it hasn't been done? could i use the procharger upper without the air to water setup? is the "empty void" in the lower not enough of a restriction? just trying to do something a little out of the norm if possible, thanks.
I am running a custom or have a custom one. We are still working on the build. The lower manifold is from an 03 mach. Here is the link to the build thread so you can check it out. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/turbo-cobras-247/567655-few-pics-garage-built-gt42-76-a.html

I never used the 01 upper and lower combo that I bought it is still sitting in the garage in a box ready to be shipped just have not put it up for sale yet.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
it looks like he kept the air to water i want to just go air to air.......
at this time i dont know of anyone who makes a upper intake to fit the stick lower without the factory water to air intercooler, and even if they did you would have no low end torque.

·
Registered
192 Posts
thats my setup poweredbypsi is talking about I would say its working alright [email protected] with a t70 turbo on pump gas. But I guess the automatic helps with the low end torque loss with this setup.

·
1,411 Posts
Im running the stock lower with the Procharger sheet metal upper. Kept the factory air/water and have a water box in the trunk for extra cooling if need be.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts