Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
KB install advsie on right equipment..

Hello, this is my first post on this site. I posted the thread below on SVT and was advised that the users on this site would be very helpful to some of the questions I have on my '03 Cobra. I will also being doing quite a bit of searches here also so I don't have to ask redudant question that have already been asked on here a 100 times. Thanks in advance for the info and look forward to your inputs.... 2zMax

=============================================

Gentlemen, I have posted only a couple of times on the board but my first time a lot of you said welcome and I wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks back. I met CobraJeff the other day in Brandon and have been talking to KevinJKD through e-mails for advise. KevinJKD has been very helpful, thanks.
Well, the Kenny Bell is going to become a reality here in about 2 weeks or so. Ramsey's Performance in Tampa, Fl. is going to do the install for me. They have done 3 full set-up's so far and have been very successfull with the result's. I have done a lot of research through company's, SVT threads, KevinJKd and Vince Moore (owner of one bad SS Camaro) and here is the products I have purchased already.

Kenny Bell blower kit (19psi setup)
Ramsey's oil catch reservoir w/ss lines
Accufab single blade throttle body
Densecharger air system w/K&N filter
Seiman 55lbs injector
Injector harness
Diablo chip
Boost-a-pump KB
BBK long tube headers
BBK h-pipe
Bassani aluminzed cat-back system
Steeda Tri-ax shifter
Autometer Gauges (air/fuel, oil, water, fuel pressure, boost)
Cluster bezel for 2 gauges
A-pillar bezel for 3 gauges
Autometer Pro-shift lite w/ adapter kit
Nitto 315/35/ZR17 Drag radials

They start working on the car next week I hope. As soon as they start I will update everyone on the progress. They actually have the tuning programs already and should not take long on the dyno for that. They did a 24psi vehicle already and was @585 rwhp. I am hoping for close to the same.
Please reply with any thoughts or equipment you think I forgot that would be needed. I got this far with input and I don't plan on stopping now. Thanks to everyone involved..... Vince

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ummm 24psi and the car only put out 585rwhp??? Something is really wrong there. You should be able to do over 600rwhp with just the 19psi if they know what they are doing...

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Welcome 2z, I'm sure you are stoked about getting the KB on, I'm in the same boat, waiting for mine to show up. I agree with svtman, 24 psi should yield more than 585 rwhp, if everything is as it should be.

Quick question, how does the oil catch resevoir work? Does it just catch the oil blown out of the snout, or does it return it to the blower case?

Welcome,

Bill

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Re: Oil catch reservoir...

2zMax said:
Hello, yes to both questions. The reservoir catches the oil spillage from the vent breather on the snout of the KB and from the reservoir back into the case. There are pictures of the reservoir on the SVT site, here it is.....

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=41135&highlight=Kenne+Bell+oil+spray

They also sell the product but I was getting mine done at Ramsey's. His looks just like the one in the pics.....
That looks just like Hermann's to me!!!
The 19lb KB setup should yeild 600+ rwhp..Personally i think it's too much boost for pump gas..I'd stay south of 17lbs for longevity sake.Sometimes getting the most leaves no room for error..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
19psi question..

According to KB they stated I was safe at 19psi but 21 and above was crossing over the line. I was told by them that I would definitely require 55lbs injectors or could have a fuel issue. The 24psi install that Ramsey's did had a valve float issue after a flash and dyno run. Now they have to address that issue. you are probably right as far as the risk but I have heard no issue's at 15-17 and the only issue I have heard was the one here in Tampa...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: 19psi question..

2zMax said:
According to KB they stated I was safe at 19psi but 21 and above was crossing over the line. I was told by them that I would definitely require 55lbs injectors or could have a fuel issue. The 24psi install that Ramsey's did had a valve float issue after a flash and dyno run. Now they have to address that issue. you are probably right as far as the risk but I have heard no issue's at 15-17 and the only issue I have heard was the one here in Tampa...
I agree with JIM, 19psi on pump gas is at the jagged edge. Remember make the most power with the least amount of boost. There are guys on here putting over 600rwhp with only 17psi. Of course you need someone who is really good at tuning these cars. I just hope that shop knows what they are doing for your sake. Good luck. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts