Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
The warmer weather is getting close, and I'll want to get the car de-winterized. That means putting on the pile of parts that have been assembling in my garage, removing my winter rubber and rims, and detailing the hell out of the car.

However, what I wanted to ask for suggestions on what things I should be focusing on. I come from a motorcycle background, where things are generally serviceable, without needing to replace a lot of parts. Disassemble, lube, clean, replace seals, little things like that.

Here's a list of all the little stuff that's going on, come the spring, in performance and maintenance categories:

- NGK V-Power TR6's
- New Shift Knob
- MGW Rebuild kit
- New Front 02's
- Gatorback Belt
- RaggTopp Cleaning and Protecting
- New Trans Fluid (Penzoil Sychromesh)
- New Fluid in, and resealing of the pumpkin
- Oil Change (duh)
- Filter Cleaning/Oiling (duh)
- Sumitomo HTR 275/315 17's

Performance
- KB BAP
- 2.75 Pulley
- BBK O/R X
- Magnaflow CB

If you guys have any suggestions for things that I can spruce up with some work, or small modifications I should be doing I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
whipple 2.3 at 18 pounds:) lol jp man,you like the sumitomos aye?i had'em and liked them but they just werent a grippy enough tire,but for the price they do a good job,im on 555s right now,gonna try the new nto5s

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha, yeah, I ran 275 Sumi's on back last year, they have something like a 10.5 sectional, anyway, the 315's have a 12.6 sectional width, so they should stick me to the blacktop considerably better.
As for the Whipple, haha, 115,000mi on the stock short block and no cash in my wallet pertty much closed the book on that thought-

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
115k?wow thats awesome! ya its hard times everywhere,decided im going military just so i dont have to worry becoming a adult and not having a job:p turn 18 next week sooo ya.i went through my 315s pretty fast,heres why,

Just out bein an idiot before i left the state! lol.thats on the motor also.

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, haven't bothered, they're gain/$ just isn't good enough at my power level.

And hell, up here, we do that in the snow, just as fun and loud, but your tires are no worse for wear!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
oh in that video thats the sumitomos:p i loved the tire,ive had 3 sets of them over a year period.their a great tire for 102 bucks?for 315/35,id go with them again!

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should be worth it, however I'm going to be running them on the stock 9's, so we'll see how they handle and wear.

Back on topic though, what else should I be doing?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Eh not sure what else ya can do,hawk brake pads?i like them,they work well...idk what else,it would seem you've got all the things covered unless you'd be willing to overhaul something haha

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Here are a few more things to do once a year,

Fuel filter.
Bleed and replace brake fluid.
Clean/ replace air filter depending on what type you have.
If you have a preditor or SCT C2cal call your tuner for a tune to run the pumps, then use a shrader valve fitting and some tubing on the fitting at the fuel rail and drain the old gas.
Fill up with fresh gas.
One bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank.
Refill windsheild wiper fluid.
Top off coolant in rad and inter cooler as well as their reservoirs.
Clean MAF sensor with QD MAF sensor cleaner.

Hope that helps!!!!

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A number of those are things that I will definitely do, thanks!

However, I should mention, the car has not been in storage, it has been driven almost every day, all winter.

Thanks again 03SVTCOBRA10TH

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anybody else, nothing's too small to consider!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts