Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the way to a fishing trip this morning, about 6am or so. Just filled up, getting on the onramp, decide to cram down on it in 2nd, then heard bam and the right rear of the car dip violently. The patch of blacktop that I thought was blacktop wasnt. It was a gaping pothole.

Car coasted to a stop, pothole has taken out my halfshaft. Got the old one out, everything else seems to be OK. New shaft will be in tuesday hopefully.

Car is modded, gonna foot the cost myself, not worth it demodding.

Attachments

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
broke7 said:
Was on the way to a fishing trip this morning, about 6am or so. Just filled up, getting on the onramp, decide to cram down on it in 2nd, then heard bam and the right rear of the car dip violently. The patch of blacktop that I thought was blacktop wasnt. It was a gaping pothole.

Car coasted to a stop, pothole has taken out my halfshaft. Got the old one out, everything else seems to be OK. New shaft will be in tuesday hopefully.

Car is modded, gonna foot the cost myself, not worth it demodding.
Bad Break,,,We live and learn...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Broke7. . . dude. . . sorry about your snake. . .

It probably wasn't all pothole, though. You've been hammering 1.6 short times out of that IRS for a while now. . . I imagine that puts just a bit of extra strain on the parts. The pothole was probably just the straw. . . :)

I'd hit the local dealer if they have a good svc. dept and try to get it warrantied. You never know.

With the use you put that car to, a set of upgraded halfshafts and some anti-wheel-hop gear might be a good investment for you while you have it apart.

Hope she's back together soon!

·
Registered
250 Posts
The aftermarket replacement isn't a bad idea. The kind of times you are laying down it was inevitable anyway. Look forward to hearing more from you when you get it back on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts