Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had my Vortec installed, and I have a question regarding my Anderson Ford Power Pipe. To me, it appears that my rubbelbow is "kinking" a bit as it tuns toward the fender. It is a full 4" opening at eacg end, and then in the middle of the bend, it narrows and is NOT full size. Is this normal? I was thinking perhaps I should force the pipe down further into the elbow, and then it would help sustain the size.
I am just looking for all the power that I should have, and was to make sure the install is 100% perfect.
Please see pic below for my setup.


Here is a link to a larger pic:
http://images2.fotki.com/v23/photos/5/50728/230277/BlowerInstall11-or.jpg

I am currently seeing 366rwhp and 353rwtq, so it is working properly. To me, it appears a bit crimped...perhaps this is how they are suppose to be.
~Darren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
Darren...

You need to push the pipe deeper into the elbow so that it is drawn out of the fender a little more than you show it on your pic...

Check out my pic below... It should be similar on the GT since it is the same pipe.

BTW... Nice looking engine bay bro !!! :jawdrop
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
pipe-hood

Say do any of you guy have a prob. with the pipe hitting the hood? Mine just hits a little & raises the hood on that side about 1/8 in. thanks Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes...I took a hole saw and did a few small round holes...1 where the power pipe hit the hood and one where the blower rubbed. All is well now...I just have to get the pipe in the elbow further.
~Darren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
pipe-hood

SilverStallion said:
Yes...I took a hole saw and did a few small round holes...1 where the power pipe hit the hood and one where the blower rubbed. All is well now...I just have to get the pipe in the elbow further.
~Darren
Thanks Darren, I guess I'll do the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
To extremejc

How much boost are you pulling......
I find Iam pulling 14 lbs. in 4th gear at 7000 rpms, but have seen 16.5 lbs boost in 2nd. gear...???
running an 8 rib pulley and aftclr....looking for more boost without having to drop below 3.125 pulley.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
Re: To extremejc

Chico said:
How much boost are you pulling......
I find Iam pulling 14 lbs. in 4th gear at 7000 rpms, but have seen 16.5 lbs boost in 2nd. gear...???
running an 8 rib pulley and aftclr....looking for more boost without having to drop below 3.125 pulley.:confused:
Chico:

I see about 14-15 lbs by 6800 RPM where we shut it down while testing due to some MAF troubles. My combo is ported heads, blower cams, and built motor...Vortech S trim with GT impeler, 3.33 pulley, and AFM powerpipe.... LT's, X Pipe, and magnaflow catback...

JC :evil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Darren...

xtremejc said:
You need to push the pipe deeper into the elbow so that it is drawn out of the fender a little more than you show it on your pic...

Check out my pic below... It should be similar on the GT since it is the same pipe.

BTW... Nice looking engine bay bro !!! :jawdrop
Thanks for the compliment...I fixed the power pipe, and added a lil more polish as well.:)

~Darren
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
Re: Re: Darren...

SilverStallion said:
Thanks for the compliment...I fixed the power pipe, and added a lil more polish as well.:)

~Darren
SWEET !!!!!:jawdrop
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top