Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am thinking of switching to manual brakes on a 4v car,

how would I delelte the p/s pulley, what else would I have to do?

How would I run the belt, if I have no a/c either but have a delete pulley?

Do I need an electric water pump?

Please help want to do asap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On my 01 i used a idler in place of the power steering pump.I have a procharger on my car (with a/c still) and that is the only way i could come up with for belt routing.I use the stock power steering pulley and had a local machine shop make a block and shaft setup so it all bolts up in the factory location.I used a strange master with a modified hydraboost pushrod and ran all new brake lines with the abs removed.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh ya almost forgot,do you have a blower on your car??If not i am almost positive the belt can be run with out even a idler just by changing the routing and using a shorter belt.It was awhile ago since i did mine so iam not sure of the different ways it can be routed.Ill take a look at mine tomrrow when i get to work to refresh my memory.I tried everyway i could to not use a idler but due to me keeping my a/c and blower it wasnt possible.I know it can be done n/a though.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
With my procharger the only way i could route it was making the idler setup to use in place of the power steering pump.The same routing as before would be used.

Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can anyone give me a sense of how much the pedal effort increase was without the Hydroboost? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
P/S and P/B delete

I am planning to do both this winter so I to am interested. I was planning to install a Meziere water pump and run the belt from the alternator down to the W/P idler and then around the crank.
This should shorten up the belt considerably and along with my 8 rib set up eliminate a lot of belt slippage. I'm not sure if anyone has done this yet I also hope there is a belt size that I can find that will work.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
John!! Welcome to the site bro! Glad to see the Cobra is running good. Congrats

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks Chad. Actually the Motor started to smoke a couple of weeks ago so I figure its time for a rebuild. Car has actually got 3 years of track duty on it, so I figure I'm due. Looks like an 80" belt will do the trick for the p/s delete. I hope that will get rid of any slippage. While I'm at it the car is giong on a major diet its now at 3060 I would like to get another 150 lbs out of it. I dont use it on the street anymore and I want to participate in more U.S. meets. Managed to get to Atco (finished 3rd) Maple Grove (rained out) Virginia and Epping. Its a long way for me to some of the other races, dont have enough vacation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts