Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just picked up a used powerdyne supercharger for his 01 gt and the previous owner said it made 8psi. My question is we looked quick on powerdyne's website and really can't find any pulleys to increase the boost. Has anyone run any more boost out of these blowers or know where to get smaller pulleys?

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
Tell your buddy to sell it if he likes his car and wants it to stay running. Those things are know for the internal belt shredding and throwing crap into the engine.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
I didn't even know they made powerdynes for the new edges. Anyways they were known as junk for the foxes, so I don't expect them to be any better since then.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Tell him to try and get rid of it if he can. Powerdyne's suck! Tell him to look into Vortech, Paxton, Procharger, or Kenne Bell. The Saleen and Roush blowers are also decent, but I would choose one fo the previous 4 before I looked at Saleen or Roush.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i agree, i had a powerdyne on my 91 and it was garbage! i went through at least 3 belts a month. oxfordgt knows what i am talking about. hock it!

·
One bad 2v
1,579 Posts
Yeah I puled that garbage off of stangboy972003. The power difference between having it and not wasn't worth the risk of keeping it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
+10000. Tell your freind to get his money back if he can or sell it. Those things are total junk. He will never be able to produce any real power with it no matter what he does. The belst shredding and ending up in the engine has alwasy been a issue with them. And ontop of that is a belt does break you have to send it to powerdyne to have it replaced. I think they are going under anyway. I seem to remember someone saying that nobody has any of there kits in stock right now and there customer service line was diconnected. If your friend wants a centri blower look into Vortech, Paxton or Procharger. There have been a few deals on ebay for vortechs lately.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, I'll tell him just to sell it. I figured it wasn't the best as i couldn't even find other pulleys for it like i can my vortech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts