Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the nerve to test out this T56 under some WOT powershifts. Not really much to say other than I am so suprised at how easy this tranny shifts under WOT ; it felt like butter. I have no plans to install a shifter in my car at this point. The stock shifter in this T56 IMO feels way better than any of my previous Mustang's stock shifters. Keep in mind my car is still stock other than the exhaust, but it yelped a good hard 3rd on the 2-3 shift.:lol

Chad "testing out this Terminator" Brooks

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
96blkcobra said:
I finally got the nerve to test out this T56 under some WOT powershifts. Not really much to say other than I am so suprised at how easy this tranny shifts under WOT ; it felt like butter. I have no plans to install a shifter in my car at this point. The stock shifter in this T56 IMO feels way better than any of my previous Mustang's stock shifters. Keep in mind my car is still stock other than the exhaust, but it yelped a good hard 3rd on the 2-3 shift.:lol

You will get tired of the Shifter.It feels good at first..Then a few miss shifts later and you will get an Aftermarget Shifter

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I may put my stock handle back on, I bought the MGW handle and it seems awfully rigid for my taste. I have been missing 4th on occasion with this setup! Never really drove my car that hard when I had the stock handle!

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
96blkcobra said:

Yo chad, i liked the stock shifter too. I ended up Tri-Axing later, but yer right, its MUCH better than any other Mustang OEM shifter.

gary

·
Registered
285 Posts
power shifting w/ or w/o the clutch? if your using the clutch thats just speed shifting and get yourself a quadrant and shifter and it goes like butter

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to change things just to be changing them IMO. I have 2 quadrants here, a firewall adjuster, and an adjustable cable if I feel I need them. Like I said, it shifts great and until it feels sloppy I will leave it be. Powershifting as you refer to it requires a pro-shifted unstreetable tranny. I am refering to WOT shifts with only a blip of the clutch to make the shift. I have always called it powershifting, but to each his own I guess.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i follow what u were saying, I know the T56 wont take a no clutch shift like say a T5 would. I shift full throttle with just a tap of the clutch too.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
We lemmings have always called this method as flat shifting.

It's great to see you getting started on the Terminator, Chad. I felt EXACTLY as you do now. But when you take the car to the track, you will probably feel as though the shifter handle is flexing...like it's going to break.

Go Pro 5.0. Nothing compares!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Firewall adjuster, Pro50, quadrant
MMMM goood.

Havent missed a shift since the install, nothing like shifting knowing the gear is gonna be there, also set your stops pretty loose on the shifter since the T56 has internal stops.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, I need to give mine more than a "blip" on the clutch. More like a whole kick.
It seemed to me like the first 03 I drove had alot more pedal travel than this one does. The throw on this car is a bit shorter, or atleast it feels that way.

I am familiar with the Pro 5.0 shifters. I do like them the best and ran one in my 96 ever since I had it, as well as my 91GT. I do not like the short shifter handle though. I replaced it with a Hurst handle and all was good.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I know I am out of my leauge here, but I just wanted to say something. When I test drove the 03 Cobra, I stalled it 3 times coming out of the lot :( The clutch was really low in comparison to my T5, and it was alot softer too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts