Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These devices sound awsome!! When will the Predator be available for the 4.6L GTs??

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
jinx102672 said:
These devices sound awsome!! When will the Predator be available for the 4.6L GTs??
Hello sir, and thank you for the post. The Predator for the 2V Mustang V8's is being developed. The Lightnings are next up on the plate, and there isn't much more to go on them (they have been testing trucks last week and this week), and once this Predator is finished, then DiabloSport can continue and finish with the Mustang 2V Predators. It will not be much longer now, so just hang in there! In the meantime, shoot me an email to [email protected] and place in the subject "Waiting List", and then email me which vehicle it is that you want to be notified of during development and when it is finished.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mods w/o chip or tune. What to do??

I currently have the mods listed in my signature and am looking to get 3:73s (I do a lot of highway driving, so no 4:10s). I don't have any chip or tune to the computer so it is still running the stock program. Should I go ahead and get a Delta chip or wait for the tuner. I know I can't change the gears without having something to correct the change.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
Re: Mods w/o chip or tune. What to do??

jinx102672 said:
I currently have the mods listed in my signature and am looking to get 3:73s (I do a lot of highway driving, so no 4:10s). I don't have any chip or tune to the computer so it is still running the stock program. Should I go ahead and get a Delta chip or wait for the tuner. I know I can't change the gears without having something to correct the change.Thanks.
I'd never discourage use of the Deltachip when it comes to performance gains, however, please be aware that your vehicle, being a 2003, still has a nice warranty remaining, and Ford can be *very* picky concerning adding a chip to your vehicle (they are voiding warranties left and right because of such). With the Predator, you are able to program your vehicle without any physical warranty terminating evidence.

IMHO, I feel you should wait for the Predator, but please use your best judgement, and way out your options and future options when it comes to this. I do offer both forms of programming (chip or the Predator), and I would love to have you as a customer, so please feel free to contact me at your convenience concerning such.

As for the gears, if you do not have this calibrated properly, then your traction control will not function correctly, nor will your speedometer/odometer, naturally. I think you could benefit decently with a good tune.

Sincerely...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts