Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yes...it can be done
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? I wanna play too. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,192 Posts
03Steve said:
What do you guys think? I wanna play too. :(
Steve, that is not a problem to do, bud. All we have to do is make a custom tune for you that will work for your KB and given mods. You will still have all the end-user adjustments as normal, regardless. Please contact me at my email address, or call me at your convenience (or email me your # and I will call you). In the subject line put "Predator for Kenne Bell Cobra", if you do not mind.

Sincerely...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
I put my KB on over the weekend. I contacted diablo about a predator tune and they sent me an application that pulls the performance tune off of the predator. With the tune saved, I attached it to an email and sent it to the guy who sent me the app. They did charge 130 bucks which is kind of steep, but there is no way around it with the 55# injectors.

I'll let you know how I make out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,192 Posts
bassin247 said:
I put my KB on over the weekend. I contacted diablo about a predator tune and they sent me an application that pulls the performance tune off of the predator. With the tune saved, I attached it to an email and sent it to the guy who sent me the app. They did charge 130 bucks which is kind of steep, but there is no way around it with the 55# injectors.
The cost should have been $120. Regardless, it is a 1 time fee only, and you will never have to pay for that tune again, regardless of how many times it needs to be adjusted so your vehicle will work correctly with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Thats good to know. It was 120 or 130. I thought it was 130. :shrug:

Will they charge me 130 if I need another tune because of a pulley change?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,192 Posts
bassin247 said:
Will they charge me 130 if I need another tune because of a pulley change?
Naw, bud. They definitely will not do this. Please let me know if they do, and I will talk to them about such. You've already paid for a tune for your KB, so you should never be charged for that again just because of a small pulley change. I don't actually see where there is any modification for you to make now that they would charge you on (you're pretty much maxed out).

Sincerely...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
RWTD said:
Naw, bud. They definitely will not do this. Please let me know if they do, and I will talk to them about such. You've already paid for a tune for your KB, so you should never be charged for that again just because of a small pulley change. I don't actually see where there is any modification for you to make now that they would charge you on (you're pretty much maxed out).

Sincerely...
RWTD,

Thanks for the great posts. One more question, what is the average turn around time for a tune? I sent my predator file to Johan Tuesday night. I asked for a rough ETA and haven't heard anything from him.

Thanks,
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,192 Posts
bassin247 said:
Thanks for the great posts. One more question, what is the average turn around time for a tune? I sent my predator file to Johan Tuesday night. I asked for a rough ETA and haven't heard anything from him.
Mike, on average, depending on work load, etc., the average turn around is around 2 to 3 business day. I would call DiabloSport and talk with them concerning when you may be receiving it so you can get a better timeframe, or just re-email Johan.

Sincerely...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
RWTD said:
Mike, on average, depending on work load, etc., the average turn around is around 2 to 3 business day. I would call DiabloSport and talk with them concerning when you may be receiving it so you can get a better timeframe, or just re-email Johan.

Sincerely...
3 full business days
2 calls
2 emails
nothing :shrug: My Cobra is getting very lonely in the driveway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,192 Posts
Mike,

Johan and Patrick are in Dallas for the entire weekend. They left out Thursday after work. They will not be back until Monday. Willie was the only tuner there yesterday, so the workload on him was quite high. Please call/email them on Monday morning. I will be there on Monday as well.

Kind Regards...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top