Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question....does having one of these mean that I no longer have to get a chip? It may be a dumb question but I was planning to get a chip until I started reading all of the posts about the predator. Is there an adjustment that can be made with this in the event that I want to get a smaller blower pully? I want to get one now but with 5 kids it's kind of hard to buy ANYTHING for me! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Predator does the same thing a chip does, plus you can do tweaks yourself. Instead of having to scrape off the leads from the stock computer for the chip, installing the chip, and then securing it with tape, you use this device to re-flash the sotck computer. It comes with a tune for slight mods (same amount of boost as stock) and a pullied tune (for 12 to 14# of boost). You can also be assured that if/when you get the device from an authorized dealer then you can send the dyno / datalogs to them if there is a problem with the tune. Speak with James (www.runninwiththedevil.com) he can hook you up.

John

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
jiocco said:
Just a quick question....does having one of these mean that I no longer have to get a chip? It may be a dumb question but I was planning to get a chip until I started reading all of the posts about the predator. Is there an adjustment that can be made with this in the event that I want to get a smaller blower pully? I want to get one now but with 5 kids it's kind of hard to buy ANYTHING for me! Thanks in advance.
Hello jiocco, and thank you for the post.

Yes, you are absolutely right! With the Predator, you still getting the same great programming that you can get with a chip, and more, without any physical warranty terminating evidence. The Predator programs right through your diagnostics port on the vehicle, and will flash the pcm w/in about 2 min. You're also getting all the advantages of a complete diagnostics tool within the Predator as well (it'll read and reset codes, display their definition, monitor live data and datalog for up to 1.5 hours), and on top of all this you're able to actually modify the tuning via the available end-user options that the Predator gives you.

The tool comes with the ability to program 3 tunes:

---Tune 1 - For Factory Boost Level (8#'s).
---Tune 2 - For up to 12-14#'s of boost total (+4 to +6 over factory)
---Tune 3 - Factory HP Tune (Stock Tune): Factory calibration tune only (allows use of below end-user options with factory tune).

Here's a list of all the available end-user adjustable parameters:

- Idle: Will adjust for both Drive and Neutral
- Axle Ratio: Can adjust from a 0.0 up to a 5.0 in .1 increments
- Cooling Fans: Will adjust both ON and OFF in 1 degree increments up/down, for high speed ECT 1 ON, ECT 2 ON, and ECT OFF, and low speed ECT ON and ECT OFF.
- Fuel Base: Will adjust from -15% to +15% for PE mode
- Spark Advance (Timing): Will adjust from from -10% to +10% for PE mode
- Rev Limit: Will adjust for both Rev Limit drive and Rev Limit neutral. Allows user to adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 50 rpm increments. Allows up to 6800 on 2003 Cobra.
- Traction Control: Turn traction control on/off
- OBDII: Allows turning of Bank 1 and 2 Rear Oxygen Sensor ON/OFF, or ALL O2's ON/OFF
- Wheel/Tire Sizing: Allows adjustment and correction of speedometer for larger/smaller tires.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance for you.

Sincerely...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting one real soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts