Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing a modular motor in a notchback in a year or so. About how much does it cost to do the swap and what parts are needed. I'm planning on getting the motor out of a wrecked cobra, getting a built block and putting on a blower.

thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
You will need a K member, and depending on which transmission you plan to use the Tremec 3550 will go in with no problems, provided you get the correct bellhousing.The T 45 shifter sits farther back so expect to modify for that and shorten the driveshaft.As for the 3650, i imagine the shifter is farther back also.

You will also need to get a delete kit for the power brake booster or put the late model hydo system in to clear the left valve cover.

You will need a PCM/engine computer and wiring harness for the engine and some wiring diagrams to make the right connections to the Fox electrical system.You may also choose one of the aftermarket engine management systems such as FAST or Speed Pro as an alternative to the factory EECV system.

The SN95 exhaust fits well so no big deal there.

You will have to modify the power steering lines or go to a manual rack.

You will also need an electric fan setup and big radiator to handle cooling.

A 93 Mustang oil pressure sending unit will need to be used to operate the factory guage.

If anyone has any additions,go ahead and post them.Im sure i forgot something.............

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info!
Which transmission/K member are you using? If I use the 3550 will I have to shorten the driveshaft? As for computer, I was planning on buying the computer and harness with the motor. Looks like this swap wont be as easy as I originally planned:p
Just curious, how long did it take you to do the swap?

thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts