Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me nuts but I can't seem to get the lower exhaust manifold bolt loose on the passenger side of my car because of a lack of room. I am trying to install some prochambers and got every other bolt loose except the above listed one. I even broke down and had a mechanic try with no luck. Is there a special tool needed to reach that bolt? I have just returned home from Iraq and all I want to do is put that damn part on my car. I know that it's not impossible maybe I'm just too dumb. This is making me sick.:vomit: Thank you for your help

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
How did you make out...How does that Prochamber sound??

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never got the damn thing on. I tried for over two hours to get that last nut loose with no luck. I know that it is not impossible to do because several '03 Cobras have prochambers on. Is there a special tool needed to get that last nut loose? I even went to a Midas shop and I was told that they wouldn't install the prochambers because it would be against the law. I should have stayed in Iraq!!! I would appreciate any advice that you could give me because I am going out of my mind.:shocked

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
jiocco said:
I never got the damn thing on. I tried for over two hours to get that last nut loose with no luck. I know that it is not impossible to do because several '03 Cobras have prochambers on. Is there a special tool needed to get that last nut loose? I even went to a Midas shop and I was told that they wouldn't install the prochambers because it would be against the law. I should have stayed in Iraq!!! I would appreciate any advice that you could give me because I am going out of my mind.:shocked
Only Advice i can gove you..Is to find a Performance shop to do it..You need a Power tool..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'll find a performance shop tomorrow.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Call,,,Mac..for the closest Mac Dealer near you..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MAC it is. I hope there is one near Fort Benning, GA.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Go to Tifton Ga.. Chad and Eric who run this site will hook you up..:D

By the way,,Thank's for Serving in the Armed Forces:) :)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
We have installed a jillion X pipes, H pipes, Prochambers and the thing we found to work best is a 15mm 6 point deep well socket with a 1/4 of the length cut off this along with extensions and swivels and of course as Jimmy V. said an impact makes the job as snap! Good Luck!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the good advice. I'll make it happen.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
jiocco said:
Thanks for the good advice. I'll make it happen.
Hang in there..These cars are worse then Broads,,Always a Problem;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I wanted was to get rid of the cats and get a little more growl out of the beast not an ulcer. Thanks for all the advice I'll use it. And no, I'm glad to be back in the good old USA

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Using some heat from a torch may help too. Don't burn your car down though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts