Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car dies when clutch pushed in after new MAF install..

I just installed a Pro-M 80 Calibrated for 24 lb injectors (attached to an AFM powerpipe) in my 01 Cobra and I started to have issues of the car dying everytime I push the clutch in (when approaching a stop sign etc.... I've tried running the car with and without the calibration (flow sheet) through the TwEECer.....

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts about the situation... Should I try to rotate the MAF?

Should I rotate the MAF or block off direct airflow into the filter? My AFM puts the filter and MAF in direct path of the hole next to the foglite..

Shawn

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok im going to tell you what I did. Unplug your battery for about 15 or 30 min that allows for the computers memory to totally clear. Go drive it around for 20 min or so and the computer will learn that you have alot more air coming in so up the gas. It worked for me good luck. I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.. But my Battery was unplugged for months before installing this..

Since then I have drove it around about 1,000 miles and tried to reset the battery a few times.. I've also tried to rotate the MAF..

I'm going to try to create a baffle and see if that helps.

Shawn

·
Registered
156 Posts
My ProM is specifically calibrated for a CAI with an elbow. Could it be that it's not getting along with the power pipe? How about trying to use the MAF with the stock airbox, just for comparison? ProM is pretty responsive to questions about stuff like this. They can even recalibrate stock MAF's.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a good idea, but as much as a PIA as it was to install the pipe I am reluctant to try it... I'll call Pro-M them and talk to them..

But from what I heard, it might run up to 100 bucks for a re-cal.. If that's the case, I'll just sell this one and buy a new one.

Shawn

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just sent PRO- M an e-mail yesterday and a few minutes ago I sent them this thread. I've seen so many threads on this that they must be aware of the problem. My 99 Cobra with AFM power pipe stalls when I put in the clutch when I'm in 5th gear. That's pretty constant, but I have also had it stall when I put in the clutch in 4th gear. I really only have problems when I have to stop quickly. Other times I know it will stall and give it gas when I down shift from 5th.

No reply from PRO-M yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just talked to Pro-M and they mentioned a few things..

Check TPS voltage
Block off the opening next to the FogLight and see if that stops the problem.

They said the meter did NOT have to be recalibrated for the AFM pipe.

So.. I called Rick Anderson, since he is a friend of a friend and talked to him for quite some time.

He recommended blocking off the opening as well, he described my problem EXACTLY as soon as I said my car was dying. He said the meter is too far down in the fender. He recommended cutting off some of the black connector pieces so that the filter/meter sits higher in the fender. I am pretty confident that this is my problem and I will try it out this week.

Shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts