Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new 80mm Pro M mass air the other day. Something doesnt look right. The sample tube goes to the meter, but doesnt flow through. Meaning its a dead end sample tube. Is that right? I dont have pics, I sent it to the shop doing the heads to install with the heads. It just seemed weird to me. Any inputs?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its magic.
Assuming you have a Pro-M (not a bullet) the sample tube is not a dead end, it flows into the sample tube and out the that small gap on the ID of the meter. This was Bob Atwoods (RIP) original patented design that started the meter wars. By reintroducing the sample air back into the outer air flow path(air, water, gases flowing through a tube flow faster toward the middle and slower on the outer edges) its causes less turbulence in the meter which equals better airflow and less noise in the meters signal. Its more or less the same idea as the factory 5.0 meters just with a better execution(more exspensive to make but it works better) The best way to understand it is to take a factory 88-93 5.0 meter apart.:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I just made all that up:D
I think thats right, feel free to correct me, its been a while
Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts