Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Problem with Mod Fox Wiring

7K views 55 replies 5 participants last post by  Josh93 
#1 ·
I'm having issues with the turn signal wiring. On the wiring diagram it has left turn signal head lamp being light green and white wire. For the right I thought it was light blue and white wiring. That has proven to be incorrect as it causes my hazards to come on. And the rear tail lights stay lit up. I was told that it was light brown and white instead but unfortunately I don't see a LB/W wire by the gauge cluster set. I a harness from an 03 Mach 1 and ecu. This is the biggest thing that is holding me up at this point.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
do you have the GEM module plugged in?to verify, you are trying to repin an 03 headlight plug, to a fox connector correct?
I am trying to repin the 03 headlight to the fox connector. GEM module? I'm not that familiar with a lot of this stuff.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
What about the wires that are coming out of the gauge cluster harness? This pics are great by the way.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
What did you tap into for the turn signals? The reason I ask I'm missing that part of the harness and all I have is a small stub of wires.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I'm missing the harness that connects to the gauge cluster. It looks like that part was cut out. And i'm using speed hut gauges so I have to wire everything manually.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
I Can't for the life of me figure out how to get the turn signals to work.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
After reviewing all the diagrams, the only thing left to test is the multifunction switch. The wiper motor is not working, so that is leading me to believe that it may be the switch itself. The turn signals in theory should be working automatically since it is connected directly to the 03 harness with the 03 multi switch. Unless the person that sold me the switch sold me a bad one. So I will have a new one coming shortly to test it out. I hope that's my issue. Currently the turn signals don't work at all. I have the front lights on with the exception of one of the markers.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
O.k. I have checked all the wiring and I can't find anything wrong. What could be causing the turn signals and wiper motor not to be working. Is there a specific ground that I should of connected? I checked the fuses and don't see anything wrong. This is driving me nuts.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
the dash harness has two grounds??? run a jumper wire from the batt ground to the wper motor body make sure its grounded, if it works, then ground is the issue..all the fuses good?
It only has the one ground that I'm aware of. I'll try and jump it like you mentioned. And the fuses are good all these fuses are the ones under the driver side correct?

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Guys I'm completely stuck on this now. I received the new multifunction switch today as well as a new flasher module and nothing. The wiper motor doesn't work as neither does the turn signals. I can't find a bad ground if there is one. If I can't figure it out I might just have to take it to a shop that can figure this out for me.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
fuse panel all hooked up?
Yes the fuse panel is all hooked up and I checked all the fuses. I won't have another day off until after thanksgiving on the weekend so until then I'm just going to try and do more research as everything should of been plug and play. I know I'm missing something, I just need to keep looking.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I'm stumped. Does anyone have a detail write up on how they wired their tail lights using an 03 harness?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
its not hard i wire my fox tail lights to a 97 harness which i think is the same as an 03...the sn95 use 3 bulbs and 1 back up per side...depending on which fox you have is how many of the bulbs you will use...i have a lx so i used the back up and 2 one for the brake and the other running light...the sn95 i believed used 2 for brake and one running and the backup light...brown n black for the running and green for tail light...black's are for the backup lights...i have pics if you want to see
That would be great if you can shoot them over to adrianr02@hotmail.com or text 5594511288. Thanks

Discussion starter · #26 ·
due, you must have something seriously wrong....start one wire at a time..use a test light at the headlight switch...plug the main power feed into the headlight plug,plug the headlight switch in and put it on the first click..whatever slot(holes where the wire clicks into) light up (with test light), that is park/tail lamp
I did go over with a test light. And I do have a wiring book. I traced back the grounds and don't see anything that is not connected. I even picked up a new flasher module. I'm sure i must not be connecting something right.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I'm doing mine now. Just need the wiring to figure out. My 90 GT HB Project - Northern California Ford Owners*

Mods are fully built Teksid 4V with 03 heads.
Manley rods,pistons all ARP hardware.
Compression ratio is 8.6.1 built for boost. plan is to go single turbo system that will have a Precision T76 BB turbo that will be built by All out performance in Fresno.
Magnaflow catback
Bassani X-pipe
Glenn's performance 1000hp return style fuel system
MM Full maximum grip suspension package with tubular k-member for turbo kit.
31 spline moser axles
3.55 rear gears
UPR Girdle
03 cobra traction lock
Cobra Brakes front and rears.
Baer cross drilled and slotted rotors.
Corbeau A4 seats.
18x9 Saleen chrome Replicas

I'm sure I'm forgetting mods. The conversion has been time consuming. I've looked on Modularfords for most of my info. As well as SVTPerformance and the corral. There is a lot of info out there. I'm using a complete 03 mach 1 harness and ECU. Once I figure out the wiring I will start the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.