Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had the fiberglass wrap come out of there tailpipes? A friend showed up , so I could do some work on his car and there was strands of this hanging out of his exhaust. About a foot long. We just pulled it out. When he got home he said there was more hanging out. He is pretty pissed to spend this kind of money just to have party favors hanging out his exhaust! Typical Bassani overpriced BS.
Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUIKSVT said:
Has anyone ever had the fiberglass wrap come out of there tailpipes? A friend showed up , so I could do some work on his car and there was strands of this hanging out of his exhaust. About a foot long. We just pulled it out. When he got home he said there was more hanging out. He is pretty pissed to spend this kind of money just to have party favors hanging out his exhaust! Typical Bassani overpriced BS.
Josh
Just cause that happened i wouldnt call it overpriced BS.

You are refering to the baffles in the end of the tips. My suggestion is just take em out. There is a little screw on the underside of the tip. Just unscrew it with a allen wrench and remove them. Its simple, and it works fine cause i run mine that way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm saying that because I have delt with them before on headers and converters. I'm not the only one either thats had problems. They do have a nice engineered product, they just need to cut the price back and not scimp on certain things.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Its just the fiberglass wrapped around the baffles. It's only held by something similar to wrapping tape. It's not a quality problem. How else would you wrap the bafles?

Take the baffles out. If they need to stay in, just go to Pep Boys or Walmart, or K Mart and buy some more FG wrapping. You'll find it in body repair.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i did not have to worry about that on mine as i never put my baffles in it sounds awesome with them out:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
wuplash said:
i did not have to worry about that on mine as i never put my baffles in it sounds awesome with them out:D
They sure do. Best exhaust available for the 03 Cobra IMO. I love it!

·
Registered
374 Posts
A few strands of that fiberglass matt came out on me. I just pulled out the baffle and cut the few unsecured strands. 4 minute jobby job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts