Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problems with intercooler pump

Mine has been acting up lately, in fact it has from time to time quit working. I have replaced the pump, but somehow it is getting trapped air inside and causing the pump to stop. It seems to only happen after running it hot, stopping and when I turn on the manule switch it locks up. If I open the top and let the air out, and drive it around it will start again. I was think maybe it's the cap leaking but not sure...........any ideas out there?????

:confused: :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Maybe the manual switch isnt making a good ground somewhere??? And possibly also giving the ecu problems operating the pump as well???

Your guess is as good as mine. If you have replaced the pump it would lead me to believe its wiring.

That sucker should run all the time pretty much

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Yeah, I would tend to agree with Broke. It sounds like the pump was bad, but if it was replaced and still acting up then there's maybe something in the wiring heating up the pump motor.

I'd try taking the manual switch out completely, putting it back to stock, letting it sit overnight and see if the problem goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts