Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I have a TSG0 pcm on a 2006 mustang gt. I was wondering how do you setup the pcm for return style fuel system? Unlike older pcm's this one does not have a fuel switch under system switches. I have an idea on how to do it but I would like to hear from people with more expierence first. I am using prp advantage 3.0 to tune it myself. Thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
As the title states I have a TSG0 pcm on a 2006 mustang gt. I was wondering how do you setup the pcm for return style fuel system? Unlike older pcm's this one does not have a fuel switch under system switches. I have an idea on how to do it but I would like to hear from people with more expierence first. I am using prp advantage 3.0 to tune it myself. Thanks
don't know if its in that software but scalars > returnless fuel mode ? Its in my diablo software.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am keeping the frpt sensor on the driver's side rail and its a fore precision return fuel pump setup with relays connected to the battery using the fuel pump module power wire (white wire) to activate my relays.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am keeping the frpt sensor on the driver's side rail and its a fore precision return fuel pump setup with relays connected to the battery using the fuel pump module power wire (white wire) to activate my relays.
You could use the FPDM feed (with the proper tune) so they would act as stock (prime and stop on key on) and not have them running while flashing, for example.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't see the benefit of running a fpdm with a triple walbro pump setup running 100% of the time.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I don't see the benefit of running a fpdm with a triple walbro pump setup running 100% of the time.
Well, if you do it that way and do not install any switch to kill the pumps, they will be running as long as the key is in the on position (while flashing, for example) flowing fuel around for nothing, and sometimes, injectors car leak and feed fuel into the engine while it is not running.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how would I wire the relays in? And how would I setup the fuel tables? Thanks lito for giving me another way to look at this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I have prp.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I changed the whole voltage table to 12 volts.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ok, this will require a little testing on your side, I did one car this way a few weeks ago but then I did not know about a possible problem that actually had not be present since.

-Do not remove the FRPS.
-Set in returnless scalars-> proportional, integral and derivative gains to 0
-Set FPVT to all 15s.
-Set pressure drop (normal and high load) to an unreachable value (10psi or more above your mechanical setting)

Connect your relays to BOTH cables that go to the stock pump from the FPDM (pk/bk-bk?), don't use other ground.

This has worked for me pretty well but, as I said before it would need some testing because there is some protection in place I did not know then but it never activated over a week of driving/testing.

Have a pressure gauge installed, I use an aeroforce to monitor FRPS sensor and set the annunciator in a way so it will light if pressure drops below a threshold level. (35psi in my case)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, I can't seem to picture this. Do you use those wires from the module to activate the 3 relays and use a 2ga from the battery to power the pumps through the relays. What do you mean by not using other grounds (for the relays, for the pumpsn etc.) Sorry I'm new to this so bear with me and thanks by the way for helping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, I don't know what I was thinking. I have my stupid moments too. For whatever reason I couldn't picture it in my head. That's what I get for trying to multi-task at work.Anyways, I was wondering if you save that setup as a value file? I'm not looking for the whole tune just the changed values for the conversion to start me out. Also, do you know of anyone that has descriptions of all the values in prp? Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
heres the log. check out around 204 seconds. emailed tune to you.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts