Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Well i just got back from a 3 hour drive from my buddies place and well shes alive. I still have to do my fuel pump. Will do it during the week, and have the dyno tune friday at LaRoccas Performance. With stock computer, pro m univer, and 42lb injectors the car drove Great on the way back. Didnt get into boost at all, and wont till im dynotuned.
Prochargers DIRECTIONS suck! most of the pictures were GT pictures and im doing a install on a 2001 cobra . They left alot of things out that we had to figure out and that wasted lots of stupid time. Other than that i coudlnt be happier. Im dead tired from the weekend, so ill get into details tom. Im gonna post up some pictures..

Man the procharger whine is soo soothing, and im venting out to the atmosphere so even shifting at 200-2500rpms it sounds SWEET!

-Zee:king

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks good!:shootbird :shootbird :hammer :evil

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is a suggestion only...But I would get your intake out of the engine bay..move it down into the fender well away from engine heat...Good Luck...looks good..means a lot when your own sweat goes into the project.:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx guys...:D

Chico: id love to do that, but there is no more room, we had a HARD enough time to get it there.

-Zee

·
Registered
39 Posts
he Zee. so i take it that the car ran ok on the way home? let me know how your dynotune goes.:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea Mike, everything went perfect on the ride home. I just installed the fuel pump too. Just waiting on dynotune on friday. I will def. keep u updated. Thanx again for everything Mike.. I owe u one.

-Zee

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just making the intercooler work extra hard and not as efficient. You gain approx. 1 % of HP for every 10 Deg. drop in temp. The engine bay heat is about 60 deg.'s warmer than in the wheel well...you are loosing HPby drawing from the engine bay...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
theres no way i can fit it in there with that piping. I have to extend it, and then cut my fender area so i can fit both peices, thers no way its going in there the way it is. Just not enough room.

Good idea though, maybe later i will figure something out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go with the Anderson Power Pipe or something similar and you will pick up about 2 lbs. of boost and get the extension to help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
He'll update later but ending up making 500+rwhp with only 9 pounds and hardly any timing - like 12 degrees. That D1 is a lot of blower. Could have made more but ran out of injector.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats....great no.'s fot theboost especially on a 2 v. You've got alot you can still do...but that kind of HP is crying for forged inners.:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's a 4V. Crazeestang's car. He told me to post up when I got home. He went straight to the track so he should have some times too. Don't think they'll be too good though. I think he'll need some practice as he'll probably be spinning the tires a lot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts