Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have that combo on my 01 and get nothing but compliments. My wife liked the tone so much that she had me put that combo on her 02.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Same exhaust setup here. NOTHING but compliments here as well. Sounds like the older (classic) mustangs. Cant wait to see how it sounds with a 550 lift cam in it :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I had the setup on my old 87 GT. Loved the sound ;) of course the 392 stroker had nothing to do with that ;)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
bstang46 said:
For the ones that have this set-up. Do they drone at higher speeds????

Brandon
extremely!!! its one of the reasons I dont own that car anymore

·
Registered
12 Posts
bstang46 said:
For the ones that have this set-up. Do they drone at higher speeds????
The drone is not that bad, if you are in the front seats. But for the back seat :eek: it gets pretty loud.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What RPM range are we talking about a bad drone soun at? I've got 3.73 gears and high way driving is usually about 2500rpms @ 75mph. Thanks for the responces! :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have an o/r xpipe with Flowmasters, and I am about ready to change cat-backs. Tired of the drone. Drones in the front, but people tell me it is real bad in the back. Being I don't ride back there. Hehe. I feel sorry for those folks. From 60 on it drones bad. But at 70mph @2100RPMS it really kills my ears.

Brandon

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't want the serious drone either. That's why I went with MAC Flowpaths. I was very happy with the sound and system. Flowpaths have a very sweet sound.

I've also heard that spintechs sound very mean also. I have yet to hear them in persn though. I just wanted to shy away from the common flowmasters and try something new.

·
Registered
518 Posts
So, the Flowpaths have a good sound??? I am thinking of going with a Magnapack, or buying a Spintech Cat-Back from Chad Brooks!. Borla just cost so damn much, and I don't like the sound of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts